1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi

First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. shane55
    Laphroaig 10. Relatively inexpensive and a peat monster is my everyday...

cathee likes this.
  2. Endless_Chris
    ah, I haven't had Laphroaig in a while that would be a great change of pace! Peat Monster is a wonderful blend, kudos :)

shane55 likes this.
  3. Whazzzup
    I like just a little smoke. Bringing one of Scotland’s oldest scotch maker to a golf trip this week. Balblair 1990

RCBinTN and Endless_Chris like this.
  4. Endless_Chris
    huh I've never heard of them, time to do some testing! I'll see if any of my local shops carry any of their releases.

5. Endless_Chris
    Got a chance to grab a pour of their '99 the other night. Though not to my palate it was a good whisky.

6. RCBinTN
    Rowan's Creek. Best bourbon ever made at the $35 price point!

7. EnDva
    Aberlour 12yo single malt. My favorite in the past 2 years!

RCBinTN likes this.
  8. Landis Contributor
    EnDva is a person after my own heart. I have FallenAngel here on Head-Fi to thank for turning me onto Aberlour years ago and anytime I feel like spending over $60 on scotch, it's my go to. Amazing bang for buck with a little bit of peat, the perfect amount of richness, thin enough to leave the mouth feeling fresh, just the right amount of bite for me.

When I feel the need for something lighter, Macallen Gold does it for me. Less peat, less rich, a little more floral and less thick-- very nice for warmer summer parties.

Biggest waste of money I've spent: Jameson's Gold Reserve. In Canada, I think it was between $100 - $150. I first tried in my early 20s and I'd consider Jameson's newer Crested or Black Barrel far better at less than half the price.

Tinnitus Man likes this.
  9. j4100
    I opened my Fettercairn 9yo (A&D Rattray) last night. Very nice. Needed more than just a drop of water, coming in at 60%.

10. shane55
    OK... 2 drops, maybe. :wink:

j4100 likes this.
  11. melons
    i hate being the bearer of bad news whilst also being the closing post on this young thread, but Whisky beats Whiskey and the King of Whisky is Lagavulin 16 year old Islay Single Malt

hth :)

j4100 likes this.
  12. j4100
    It's alright for a session whisky :beyersmile:

13. RCBinTN
    Oban 14-year old

Endless_Chris likes this.
  14. Whazzzup
    Plonk

15. RCBinTN
    Is that Canadian for "I don't like Oban?"

First