1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. RCBinTN

Sorry about that.  One of the benefits of living close to the distiller.  A friend says the 2015 Weller beats the George T Stagg and that's a powerful statement.
    Tasting notes later in December.  

[​IMG]

2. santacore
    I think a friend might have been lucky enough to grab one. I'll have to stop by over the holidays for a taste. Cheers!

3. bazelio
    Boy I had some Jack Daniels 2013 Holiday Edition this past weekend...  and it was very very tasty.  By far the smoothest JD I've ever had, and bordering on a Scotch taste.  I suspect it's similar to the JD Single Barrel?  Not sure, but I'm having difficulty finding it online....  I suspect the supply has dried up.

4. RCBinTN
    I am not familiar with the JD Holiday Edition, but am a big fan of their Single Barrel.  My local shop has a pretty decent barrel (the barrels vary somewhat in taste).  I always keep a bottle on the shelf as my son-in-law has now become a fan.

5. RCBinTN
    A nice bourbon collection for the holiday season:
     - Pappy Van Winkle 15yr
     - William Larue Weller
     - Col. EH Taylor Single Barrel
     - Elmer T. Lee

All are products of the Buffalo Trace Distillery.  Highly recommended!

Merry Christmas and 
    Happy Holidays 
    to All.

6. CZ4A
    Got me a couple of bottles this Christmas to add to my small, but growing, collection. Monkey Shoulder and Michter's US-1 Small Batch Bourbon, to be exact. I already have Yellow Spot and Whistlepig 10 Year, and recently finished off a bottle of Green Spot.

RCBinTN likes this.
  7. BrianovichIV
    I just grabbed a bottle of The Dalmore 12-year and Crown Royal Reserve. Haven't opened the Crown yet but The Dalmore is very smooth, almost tastes more like a blend than a single malt.

8. mrscotchguy
    I sold several bottles of Dalmore 12 this holiday.  It's a pretty awesome entry-tier malt.  Heavy sherry gives some heavy caramel and chocolate notes...

9. RCBinTN
    Greetings,
    Now I'm getting advice from the local shop that the Jack Daniels barrel proof is quite excellent.  Anyone have experience with that one?

Also, I just sold my Mojo 1 amp to a fellow Head-Fier who used as partial payment a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof bourbon.  I am awaiting the EC but reviews on the web are outta sight.  Will post tasting impressions sometime post receipt.

Cheers and Happy New Year to All -
    RCBinTN

10. santacore
    I was never a big fan of Jack Daniels until my mother-in-law brought me back a bottle of "Silver Select" single barrel from the Caribbean. That was delicious stuff, but apparently only sold outside of the US, which is weird. I'm guessing the Barrel Proof and the newer Single Barrel are similar profiles. I had the Single Barrel at a friends house recently and thought it was pretty good.

Currently sipping on the some Four Roses single barrel. When on sale in the low $30's, it a typically a darn good pour.

11. flaming_june
    got this for holidays
    LAUguYv.jpg

12. RCBinTN
    Whoa!  Never seen 16-year old Bushmills before!  

13. RCBinTN
    Happy New Year to all :).

Just acquired as partial payment for my Mjolnir amp is a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof bourbon.  Looking forward to tasting it...

The Pappy van Winkle 15-year from 2015 has somehow disappeared.  Damn!  That Bourbon is Highly Recommended.

Cheers -
    RCBinTN

14. RCBinTN

15. Huwge
    This Christmas I got a 12 year old Bunnahabhain and the Caol Isla Moch - a blended malt. Both very nice with just a splash of water

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last