Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire
Jan 23, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #46 of 166
I have allways prefered OM cables as they are more compact and elegant and come without memory wire which I hate, but Craig has improved his skills in heat wrap and the TWau cable I have been using for 4 months is without memory wire and nice and compact and there is no sign of anything breaking or shifting.

As for 8 wire the obvious con is that it will cost nearly twice as much. Also being twice as thick it will be less flexible but the wire is very flexible so that will probably not be a problem. The pro is that the sound should be even better but not having tried it and not being able to afford it means I don't know. The one in Jamato's photo is an 8 wire

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #47 of 166
  I am not one to comment on cable sound improvements...too...risky in my opinion. But they are on the 1Plus2 now and I cannot hear any night and day difference with the Tralucent Silver and Gold V2, which is a great sign for the TWAu, since the Tralucent silver and gold is very expensive and tuned for the 1plus2.

When did you order these?

Jan 31, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #50 of 166
Regarding the earlier comments on the customer service of Whiplash... I feel obliged to defend, or rather provide an alternative account and take on Craig and his practice, after what he has done for me. I bought the whiplash hybrid cables directly from Craig when it first came out, my first aftermarket cable purchase made for my JH13 then. Needless to say, the cable was so well-made and sounded so good, I've never used other cables again.

Couple of months ago, in December, I plugged in my JH13s after an extended period of not using them and found them sounding funny. I tested and found that the fault lay in the cables so I sent them back to Whiplash for repairs. Now, I must admit the process wasn't entirely smooth-sailing. The repairs took a longer time than I expected and Craig unfortunately did not reply to the two emails I sent him for updates. However, the cables arrived last month. Apart from getting rid of the extremely unspecific problem ("Hi Craig, I don't know what is wrong with my cables but they're making my JH13s sound funny- I think it's because of the yellow glue-like substance coming out of the OM connectors") he even took the initiative to replace the oyaide connector that was starting to show its age. Craig didn't even ask for any payments even though the warranty on the cables were clearly void. 

Although certain aspects of his service could be improved, I don't think he deserves the criticism leveled at him. He works very hard and is very good at what he does, and that is producing excellent sounding cables! :)

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #51 of 166
  I will see how this sounds !

send to me, i will let u know 
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
 awsome setup

Feb 1, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #52 of 166
  I will see how this sounds !

Is that the TWAu? The one I have in my hands at the moment looks braided and terminated differently. Did you ask for a different braid?

Feb 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #53 of 166
Never a problem with my heavily used cable and my JH13 pro. I have accidentally bent the pins, rolling over the 13's in bed and so on, and carefully straightened them and they are fine but had they or the connection broken, it would have been my fault. Otherwise I have both the V2 and V3 for my JH13 Pro and they have held up fine in every way for quite a long time. Oh, and they really improve the sound of the JH13, IMO.

Thought the V3 was excellent when I tried it. Didn't find the synergy in the alloy v2 but my 13s are FPs. Sounds like the new one is pretty great.
ksc75smile.gif
 Found the build and flexibility great.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #54 of 166
Is that the TWAu? The one I have in my hands at the moment looks braided and terminated differently. Did you ask for a different braid?
I just asked for an upgraded jack...Oyaide Rodium. And the sockets, well OM was supposed to be unavailable but as I am non clear on OM vs. non-OM, I am not sure what I got. The braid...not sure. But yours is a VIP cable from Dimitri.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #55 of 166
I just asked for an upgraded jack...Oyaide Rodium. And the sockets, well OM was supposed to be unavailable but as I am non clear on OM vs. non-OM, I am not sure what I got. The braid...not sure. But yours is a VIP cable from Dimitri.

Hehe...not mine. Still Dimitri's. I guess you read my thoughts of it vs the Uber in the 1Plus2 thread.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #56 of 166
I am still surprised at the subtle and important improvements this cable has brought about. In ways, the improvements are not subtle like the bass definition improvement on my TH900 and acoustical hall sounds on music recorded inside an auditorium or on music where there is a slap of the sound off a near or distant wall. Something I heard more in highend LP play. With everything up stream doing its job, this cable lets it all through.

There is a tremble to some of the sound, the very slight change in a note but transcending into the musical line, something I had not heard before and something I have heard live but seldom recorded. It is like no part of the note color gets away, nothing is masked. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #57 of 166
I'm so looking forward to receiving all my cables and the hardwired Signature Pro

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #58 of 166
I would like to make a comment on Craig's customer service. I own a TWAG LOD & TWAG Sennhieser 650 cable and have found Whiplash Audio's commitment to extremely high quality made products customer service to be outstanding. My first LOD was a little short in length and it shorted out; I contacted Craig to let him know and be immediately shipped me out a new one no questions asked and with out charge. He didn't even ask me to send the old one back which would have made me felt like he didn't believe me (it really did short out btw, which I would consider an anomoly bc of his attention to detail). But to make a long story short not only will I buy more Whiplash Audio products in the future I will continue to tirelessly promote and show off my cables to anyone that will listen to me.
Erik Brende

Users who are viewing this thread

Back