Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire
Jan 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #31 of 166
  Wow that really sucks, you are a patient person 9 months, i would have probably made a trip esp losing money and a cable. i think that when a businessman tends to a prospective buyer, but doesnt tend to past buyers or tries to make good on something that happened is really foul. EVEN if  the businessman admits fault, its still really crappy to put someone through that kind of expierence....and the problem is when a businessman quickly attends to you becuase you are going to buy a product, it gives the customer a false sense how their business is actually ran..they might be under the assumption that, that is the way they ALWAYS do business. and thats not the case.

i completely agree

Yep unfortunately I am currently experiencing just that : (

When I enquire about this awesome new TWau, Craig was really responsive with alot of thought on the replies, and a casual chat along the way. AFTER I bought the cable Craig seemed to disappear and the questions I asked remains unanswered : (

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #32 of 166

When I enquire about this awesome new TWau, Craig was really responsive with alot of thought on the replies, and a casual chat along the way. AFTER I bought the cable Craig seemed to disappear and the questions I asked remains unanswered : (

Please contact me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

I cant say anything since out of the thousands of cables we make, most are VERY happy, but some do see Whiplash at its worse. So, I will do my best. 

Craig

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #33 of 166

I'm currently researching on a replacing cable for my Fitear.
Whiplash seemed to get nice reviews about being the most pliable.
I for one do not appreciate spending top dollar for subpar quality. Sad to hear about the previous posts of connectors breaking.
Last thing on my mind is to be ignored after you buying a product.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #34 of 166
My personal take on iem cable pins breaking is that they just dont do that with normal use but only with misuse including sitting on them and so on. I have used this kind of cables since the Tripple.fi came out and never had any problem (and for even longer with Etymotic ER4). What can happen if you do a lot of cable swapping is that eventually the female connectors in the iem get loose and have trouble holding on to the cable which is why i dont swap cables more than I have to.

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #35 of 166
Never a problem with my heavily used cable and my JH13 pro. I have accidentally bent the pins, rolling over the 13's in bed and so on, and carefully straightened them and they are fine but had they or the connection broken, it would have been my fault. Otherwise I have both the V2 and V3 for my JH13 Pro and they have held up fine in every way for quite a long time. Oh, and they really improve the sound of the JH13, IMO.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #41 of 166
Hey guys....

There will be an OM versions only for the eclipse. The color of the TWau reference eclipse looks sooooo nice as well. We are about 10-14 days away. 

The non OM is very sturdy. Our latest design has really improved the feel and the sturdiness. 

Thanks!
Craig

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #42 of 166
  Hey guys....

There will be an OM versions only for the eclipse. The color of the TWau reference eclipse looks sooooo nice as well. We are about 10-14 days away. 

The non OM is very sturdy. Our latest design has really improved the feel and the sturdiness. 

Thanks!
Craig

Hi Craig, 
Sorry, in your opinion which one is better in terms of durability? 
From what I understand, non OM connector pins are actually wrapped with heatshrink tubing, whereas OM connector pins are plastic hard molded (therefore more rigidity)? 
In general, OM connectors are smaller profile than non OM, correct?

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #44 of 166
  Hi Craig, 
Sorry, in your opinion which one is better in terms of durability? 
From what I understand, non OM connector pins are actually wrapped with heatshrink tubing, whereas OM connector pins are plastic hard molded (therefore more rigidity)? 
In general, OM connectors are smaller profile than non OM, correct?

Yes generally correct. The OM cable since its molded is a slimmer profile and more durable. The non Om is for those who are looking for a more snug fit around the ear. Also for 8 conductor. It does come down to preference. In general, the OM is still our most popular cable...

Craig

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #45 of 166
Yes generally correct. The OM cable since its molded is a slimmer profile and more durable. The non Om is for those who are looking for a more snug fit around the ear. Also for 8 conductor. It does come down to preference. In general, the OM is still our most popular cable...

Craig

What are the pros and cons of 8 conductor vs 4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back