While waiting for Ety's ER-6...
Jul 31, 2002 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

andreas_l

New Head-Fier
I' ve just ordered ER-6's from a company in Sweden and while I'm waiting I need some help on amp's for my portable unit - Sony MD MZ-N1. Does anybody know if the sound get ALL THAT better with the amp than without and is the units built-in amp strong enough to drive the ER-6's?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 8
HI: I use an portable amp with my er-4p that are easyer to drive than the er-6 with my mini disc. The problem with mini disc is very little power out put. I find that a portable is a must for me on my mini disc to get the sound level that I want. Maby you will find it different but an portable amp just makes all my portable cans sound better.

Jul 31, 2002 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks LTUCCI1924!

I guess what I'm trying to achieve here is an excuse to buy an amp... I've been told that it's not just the powerlevel, but the overall listening experience that's affected by the amp, and that's reason enough...
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 12:56 PM Post #4 of 8
andreas:
HI and welcome to head-fi. Also with the portable amp crossfeed is very nice and you can listenfor hours with it. There are a few portable amps that also have crosfeed built into them. Buy the way in time you will get an portable amp even if you dont know that yet. It just makes all your cans work better.

Jul 31, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

...in time you will get an portable amp even if you dont know that yet.

No truer words have been spokened.
biggrin.gif
A decent amp will always sound better than most, if not all, amps that come with portables.

And welcome to headfi, where people here knows how to spend your money better than you do!
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 10:50 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

And welcome to headfi, where people here knows how to spend your money better than you do!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

I had a feeling of that.... As a latent audiophile I guess it's just a matter of time before my savings account is empty...
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

that is PERFECT! Its easiest to spend other people's money. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back