Which vinyl has two grooves, making which track you play random?
Nov 19, 2003 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

maestro

100+ Head-Fier
My Audio professor was discussing vinyl and mentioned a record he saw one time but forgot the name. He said he really loved it and wished he had gotten it. On one side the grooves ran backwards so it played inside out, on the other side were two tracks, but it was too difficult to choose between the two, so you randomly got one or the other.

Does anyone know what record this is, or where I might be able to find it? (This will determine wether or not I get an A in the class) *kidding*

Nov 24, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 12
Back in the day, I practiced on my copy so that I usually got the groove I was aiming for! Monty Python rulz!

Nov 24, 2003 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 12
"...with big nasty pointy teeth!"

"RUN AWAY!!!"

Aye, that it does.
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 12
On the 3rd side of the album you have to drop the needle on the inside of the record. It then plays to the outside. It is really strange. It took me a little while to figure it out when i first got the album.

Jan 16, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
"You're the Guy I Want to Share My Money With" (Laurie Anderson, William S. Burroughs, and John Giorno) had a side with three grooves intertwined on it.

More info on that album here:

http://www.hipsurgerymusic.com/Giorno/youre-theguy.html

It's available on CD, so you wont have to worry about trying to get the rigth groove in order to hear Bill "Gravel Voice" Burroughs.

Jan 19, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
It's available on CD, so you wont have to worry about trying to get the rigth groove in order to hear Bill "Gravel Voice" Burroughs. [/B]

Yeah, but ... the CD is different from the album. Plus, no randomness with the CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back