which to use as dac--- chord qutest or ifi dsd pro
Aug 12, 2018 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
i have the ifi pro can amp and i am looking for a great dac

i have the ifi black label dsd micro but i feel i can get better results using dedicated dacs

i was wondering which you feel is better chord qutest or ifi dsd pro hooked to my ifi pro can amp

how do they sound different

thanks

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 7
chord have the best dacs ,, don't look further..

Oct 24, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi @Sound Eq I own the Pro iDSD and actually wonder currently if I should move to cutest. I do like the Pro iDSD in tube mode for voices and sparse arrangements like Leonard Cohen songs, but not sure about clarity when it comes to more complex music. What did you go for ? Since you have the Ican you could choose a more pure dac and add tube sound at amp stage :)

Oct 24, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 7
i went with chord qutest, i am not a dac expert, but my combo ican pro and qutest is just heavenly.

i am in bliss with that combo and hifiman he1000 v2, what i love bout chord dacs is the unbeatable naturalness in the mids and of course the details

but i am not sure how pro idsd sounds but i heard good things about it as well

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 7
i went with chord qutest, i am not a dac expert, but my combo ican pro and qutest is just heavenly.

i am in bliss with that combo and hifiman he1000 v2, what i love bout chord dacs is the unbeatable naturalness in the mids and of course the details

but i am not sure how pro idsd sounds but i heard good things about it as well
Do you use the tube / tube+ modes on the ican or stick to solid state?

Oct 25, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 7
yes I alternate between both solid state and tube+, with tube + i feel a noticeable change in sound which is along the line that you are using a tube amp now. But again i never tried other tube amps before. But all I can say the ifi pro ican is to me the best amp I owned and put a complete stop in my search for another amp for as long as it keeps working, which says volumes in my book. You totally feel no urge to buy anything else at all when hooked to my chord qutest, which is as well in my books leaving no urge at all to look at other dacs again

Oct 25, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 7
yes I alternate between both solid state and tube+, with tube + i feel a noticeable change in sound which is along the line that you are using a tube amp now. But again i never tried other tube amps before. But all I can say the ifi pro ican is to me the best amp I owned and put a complete stop in my search for another amp for as long as it keeps working, which says volumes in my book. You totally feel no urge to buy anything else at all when hooked to my chord qutest, which is as well in my books leaving no urge at all to look at other dacs again
Thanks, really good to rest and feel the music rather than being on the hunt for the next gadget. Enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back