Which to plug into power conditioner?
May 7, 2004 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mcgsxr

100+ Head-Fier
OK, I know that I will receive advice to experiment, AND I will, but I want to ask now, so that when the toy arrives, I have some direction.
I have ordered a Powervar 2 outlet (meaning max 2 plugs) conditioner (start small, and if I like what I get, I can buy a bigger one).

I intend to use this on my digital front end, but that has 3 plugs.

1. Bolder PSU for smART DIO.
2. Monarchy DIP.
3. Nakamichi cd transport.

So, of the items 1,2, and 3 above, which would you put through the conditioner?

I am inclined to plug the cd transport directly in to the wall, and condition the power that goes to the other two processing devices.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

Mark

May 7, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 6
The only and best advice is to try it yourself and see which combo you like the best. Everybody's power, gear, ears, and preferences differ.

Why don't you get a device which gives you more outlets? Then you can have all of them plugged in.

May 7, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 6
A very good question, yours about the conditioner with more outlets - this is my first foray into power conditioners, and for the $27 (eBay) it cost me, I figure if I like what I hear with this one, I can investigate a larger one.

I will, once the unit arrives, play around with different configurations, I just am asking for the advice of others, to give me some direction, and avoid covering ground needlessly, if that is possible.

Thanks for your post,

Mark

May 8, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 6
What's wrong with plugging a nice surge protector into it?

May 8, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 6
i'll be using some monster power conditioners within the week as they arrive, but i already know that the first thing to go on the conditioner is the DAC, which is the most sensitive to AC fluctuations (at least my CI VDA1 is really sensitive). i don't know about your other two components, but my intuition tells me that the CD transport might be the more sensitive of the two, so that should go into the conditioner. but, just try different combos and see...

May 8, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
What's wrong with plugging a nice surge protector into it?

Yep, I agree. If you plug a surge protector into it you could plug in all your components
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back