Which to choose??? My final 5
Sep 30, 2009 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

whiteleaf

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so about 2 or 3 days ago I started a thread asking what were the best cans I could use as an upgrade to my Bose "around the ear" headphones. I'm at swim meets a ton, and use them A TON at home, so a closed design was prefered.
I wanted a great bass, good overall quality, good isolation, price tag prefererably under or at $400.

Well with the responses I've gotten, and with research I've done I've come to a final 5. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about them, which you prefer, which you think shouldn't even be in the list, or what should be here.

As a reminder, I mainly listen to trance, and electronic music (and some rock) so that may sway what you think is best.

Here are my final 5 (not in any specific order):

AKG K 272
Denon AH-D2000
Ultrasone Pro 750
DT440 (their open but I was hoping they'd still be fine in a loud environment.)
koss pro4aat

(and if DT440s wouldn't do well in loud environment or if there is another problem then it'd be these: Sennheiser HD 448)

Like I said opinions on these would be great and if I should consider others or take some of these out tell me.

Thanks
dt880smile.png

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 5
I've heard of the M-Audio Q40s...never got around to checking em out...

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 5
Perhaps if you post in the full-sized forum, you'll get more responses. But from the information you've provided, I'd say go for the ultrasones.

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteleaf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so about 2 or 3 days ago I started a thread asking what were the best cans I could use as an upgrade to my Bose "around the ear" headphones. I'm at swim meets a ton, and use them A TON at home, so a closed design was prefered.
I wanted a great bass, good overall quality, good isolation, price tag prefererably under or at $400.

Well with the responses I've gotten, and with research I've done I've come to a final 5. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about them, which you prefer, which you think shouldn't even be in the list, or what should be here.

As a reminder, I mainly listen to trance, and electronic music (and some rock) so that may sway what you think is best.

Here are my final 5 (not in any specific order):

AKG K 272
Denon AH-D2000
Ultrasone Pro 750
DT440 (their open but I was hoping they'd still be fine in a loud environment.)
koss pro4aat

(and if DT440s wouldn't do well in loud environment or if there is another problem then it'd be these: Sennheiser HD 448)

Like I said opinions on these would be great and if I should consider others or take some of these out tell me.

Thanks
dt880smile.png

I've been looking into the Senn HD25 II's. The single cable design is a design I like and they aren't huge. I have yet to try them out yet. Waiting for my refund money from the S530's I returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back