Which to buy!?
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

japaul32

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

I'm looking to purchase a new set of cans.  Right now I've got HD515's and some COP's.  I like the overall sound of the 515's better then the COP, minus muted base on the former. Basically my options are these;
used HD598
DT 880 250 ohm
Q701

Out of those three the HD598 are the cheapest (cause they're used).  I can grab those for $235 +tax.  I will be using either headphones with my PC.  I'm using a SBZ sound card.
My main uses will be movies, gaming and music.  I listen to a wide variety of music (EDM, Indie, Metal, Hip Hop, Country...etc.)

Out of those three which would you suggest as a good all-rounder?

The COP's are pretty good, but they're not great.  Thankfully I bought them for 60% (I now know why).

****EDIT*** MOD PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE CORRECT FORUMS -HELP&RECOMMENDATIONS---
Sorry guys!  I just noticed that huge bold content now!  Apologies! 

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Would the SBZ with the built in amp not be sufficient?  I can always grab an O2 amp.  I was looking at doing that too.  I just didn't see a reason for it with the headphones I currently have. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 5
Once you buy a o2 amp, next thing you know you want a lyr , then you want the bifrost.  Save yourself and either buy stax or appreciate what you have already.

Edit: browse through the entry stax thread to decide on which stax

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 5
  Once you buy a o2 amp, next thing you know you want a lyr , then you want the bifrost.  Save yourself and either buy stax or appreciate what you have already.

Edit: browse through the entry stax thread to decide on which stax

I was looking through the stax thread.  While it does interest me, it's just not something I would invest in right now.  I have no problem with the money.  It's just that with my current set up it doesn't make sense for me for what they'll be used for.  I almost feel like I'd be doing the cans a disservice lol.  I guess I'm stuck at appreciating what I have or looking at lower impedance headphones.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back