Which teeth whitening solution is the best?
Feb 26, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
crest whitestrips supreme

my dads a dentist...

He speaks the truth. Easy to use, and they work. Some find them painful to use though...

I'm a fairly heavy smoker and using them for 7 days in a row makes my teeth significantly whiter.

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 18
They DO work, though your mileage may vary. They use the same chemical used in professional whitening by dentists. The main difference is that you don't get a custom mold and save huge $$$.

Also the strips will also say apply twice a day for 30 minutes.

Save yourself some money. Apply the strips once a day for 1 hour. It has the same effect and cuts the cost in half with and saves you time.

The 'SUPER' white strips or whatever that promise to make your teeth whiter in half the time are identical to the regular ones as far as I know, but contain more whitening agent. Which means you are more likely to experience irratation. If you can afford the extra couple weeks go with the cheaper slower ones saving yourself some money and a little irratation.

Feb 26, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 18
my tube of Colgate toothpaste works well for me
icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 18
If you keep away from things that stain your teeth: Coffee, Tea, Cola, Smoking, Red Wine, etc.

It should more or less be permanent. Of course our teeth are going to get stained but how much and how quickly varies from person to person.

According to the packaging, and dental hygenists I have talked to, you shouldn't go through the white strips process more frequently than once every six months.

EDIT:

Fixed lazy spelling and clarified a little.

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by omedon
If you keep away from things that stain your teeth: Coffe, Tea, Cola, Smoking, Red Wine, etc.

It should more or less be permanent. Of course are teeth are going to get stained but how much varies person to person.

You shouldn't go through the white strips process more than twice a year.

cool, great advice! thanks again!

Feb 26, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 18
No problem

Remember save yourself some money. Don't use the strips twice a day as the packaging says. Use them once a day for twice as long. Has an identical effect.

You can give the other half a package to someone or use it in six months to whiten your teeth again.

Feb 27, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #13 of 18
I'm told the brush-on stuff (forget what brand, but you can find it at your local drug store) is the most effective. But it's messy and I guess it burns a little for some people. It's a bottle with a nail-polish style brush and you just brush the whitening stuff on and let it sit a while, then rinse it off. The strips are probably easier though.

Feb 27, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #14 of 18
I like the Crest Whitestrips too. This was a timely thread because it has been 6 months now (at least) so I've just opened a new box and off I go.

One tip: the botton strip is cut very poorly. It was either designed by someone who doesn't have many teeth or someone who loves to waste a perfectly good product. What I do is cut the strip with a pair of scissors so that I can use the extra part to cover several more teeth by sliding the precut bottom piece off to the left or right a bit and then placing the extra piece next to it.

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
crest whitestrips supreme

my dads a dentist...

What toothpaste does your dad recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back