Which Techno/Trance/Electro Headphones?
Nov 26, 2010 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

YeNotGuilty

New Head-Fier
First of all I'm really sorry for making another one of these threads.....

I've been lurking around these forums for almost 2 years I believe now and I'm still having problems with my choice.

I've saved up a decent amount of money, nothing too crazy, but decent, and I have decided I want a new pair of phones.

As the title states I listen to Trance, Techno, Electro House, and Hard Dance, and I mean I stream this stuff 24/7 (literally) so it's very important to me to find a really good pair of cans that will do these genres justice.

I've scoured quite a bit of threads pretty similar to this and was hoping I could find an answer for myself and not have to post this, but I just couldn't seem to find the answer I need. Although on a positive note I have brought down the number of cans that I'm pretty sure I'd like to get to a fairly low number.

Basically I'm looking at either getting:

-CD3000
-DT880s
-DT770s
-HD650
-Ultrasone 750 pro

Can you guys please help me decide which one would be best as a whole for the genres I listed? (I'm not too good with technical terms but from what I can think I need crisp/clean highs, strong mids, and heavy/fast/punchy yet deep bass) (I'm not even sure if that made sense, my bad...)

While giving me feedback could you also state about how much I'd be looking to pay for the specific cans, and maybe an amp I should get to go along with it to make it better? (Or maybe for example sake, say the 880 isn't as good as the 770, but with an amp the 880 would be better than a 770 with an amp) (Sorry if I'm not making sense again >__<:wink:

Anyways I'd really appreciate everyone's advice, thanks!

p.s. If it'd help for me to link to youtube to types of songs I like then let me know and I'd happily do so.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 11
From all the threads I read the 990 wasn't nearly as good as the 770 and 880 for my kind of music.

I'm not exactly sure what I want my budget to be, but I don't think I want to spend over $700 atm.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 11
The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (250 ohm) is my current favorite pair. Electronic music sounds incredible; I can literally feel bass thumping my head, but it does not muddle the rest of the range or wash out the details. In music without much bass, it is very accurate and enjoyable to listen to, whereas my other headphones become exhausting to listen to during long sessions. Also very comfortable; doesn't squeeze my head but it seals around my ears perfectly and sits softly.

I endorse it highly. My setup: Asus Xonar STX Essence -> Little Dot MKIII amp -> DT770Pro250. If you don't have a decent amplifier, get the 80ohm version.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 11
What was the price on that amp + 250ohm version?

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 11
I looked on Amazon and could only find the 80ohm version. The only 250hm version I saw was for an 880.

That's a very reasonable price though, so I'll keep that in mind. Though I would still like to get some input from others on the other cans I listed.

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Anybody have any other input on the other cans I listed??

Nov 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 11
Ultrasone HFI 780 is great for electronic music, its probably one of the best of electronic music, but with ipod, iphone they need amplification on my opinion even though they are 32 ohm

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #11 of 11
Aren't the even 750s better than those though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back