Nov 18, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, so far my choices are:
Audio Technica CK7 - ~$73
Etymotic ER-6i - ~$74
Altec Lansing iM716 - ~$89
Soundmagic PL30 - ~$26

Does anybody have anything to say that can help me decide between these four IEM's?

never use etymotics when sporting, they will be painful later when they PULL
my bet would be the AT CK7

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #32 of 36
IMO, there is no such thing as getting something that is bang for the buck, especially in audio. Its either you get something nice and won't regret it or get something ****ty which you will end up upgrading.

You can either save and get the Super.fi 5 Pro or the Westone UM1 (which is on sale now for $98 at Earphone Solutions).

Just my 2 cent.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henweee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, there is no such thing as getting something that is bang for the buck, especially in audio. Its either you get something nice and won't regret it or get something ****ty which you will end up upgrading.

You can either save and get the Super.fi 5 Pro or the Westone UM1 (which is on sale now for $98 at Earphone Solutions).

Just my 2 cent.

All $50/100/150/x headphones have the same sound quality as other headphones in their price range? IMO that's what bang for the buck means. Not all headphones (or any device) have the same effectiveness as others in the price range.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #34 of 36
why is that? Is there a lot of suction like there is on the skullcandy ink'd and that bothered me a lot when I used those. What are the differences between the ER-6i and the CK7? But from the comments i'm getting so far, CK7 seems to be a better starter IEM for me...

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #36 of 36
Hmm, alright thanks for the advice. The only reason I want one right now, is because if i don't get it, by the time I save up all my money for the super.fi 5 pro's, my snowboarding trip will be over, but if i do spend my money to buy some decent starter IEM's, I will be to use them for the trip, and saving for the super.fi 5 pro's will only take maybe 3-4 weeks longer so I think I'm willing to make that sacrifice xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back