Which starter IEM to get?
Nov 17, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #17 of 36
Does anyone know how the RE2 sounds while amped with a Fiio?
Also, I'm still curious to know which sounds closest to the Yuin Pk series.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGreatAzn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know how the RE2 sounds while amped with a Fiio?
Also, I'm still curious to know which sounds closest to the Yuin Pk series.

all i can guarantee is more bass.
icon10.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 11:43 AM Post #20 of 36
I listened to most of the artists listed. Mostly pop, rock and RnB. For usd100, there are few viable options.

1. Denon C751 (bright, overall balanced)
2. Denon C551 (bass, good mid)
3. Soundmagic PL30 (bass, budget, fun)

Personally i will go for c751, less than usd100 at amazon. Best performer imho, for below usd100. Check soozieq's denon c700 thread for impression and reviews. C700 basically the same as C751.

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 36
I was thinking about getting the Super.fi 5 Pro's, but they are a bit pricey for now. Probably will get one in a few months. Also I kind of need this for my upcoming snowboarding trip, so I'm going to have a hat or helmet on covering my ears, so they seem like they stick out too much for that. Right now, I'm just looking something that is good all-around and detailed that costs around 70-80 dollars.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #23 of 36
hmm, anything a bit cheaper than the UM1's? Cause if I were to spend around 100 for it, I could just wait a few more weeks to get the Super.fi 5 Pro. I currently am using a pair of Skullcandy Smokin' Buds, but I'm not entirely satisfied with them. Will the Soundmagic PL30 make a big difference for me, or should I move up and get a Etymotic ER6i or AL iM616?

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about getting the Super.fi 5 Pro's, but they are a bit pricey for now. Probably will get one in a few months. Also I kind of need this for my upcoming snowboarding trip, so I'm going to have a hat or helmet on covering my ears, so they seem like they stick out too much for that. Right now, I'm just looking something that is good all-around and detailed that costs around 70-80 dollars.

Wow, if you're going to get the Super. Fi 5 Pros, thats almost $200. Sleek Audio's SA6 is also in that price range.
dt880smile.png

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #25 of 36
If u came from smoking bud, u will find that both Ety and AL thin on bass. Beware of that. Try super.fi 5 non pro version. Some prefer it to older Pro and it's sleeker and cheaper too. Should be no problem wore under helmet.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #26 of 36
I realize that the Ety and AL are thin on the bass, and I figured if I just got a FiiO E5 amp, the problem should be fixed. I've seen the Super.fi 5 pro's go for around 150-170 dollars new. I guess I'm just looking for something cheap right now to replace my skullcandy buds. How are the soundmagic PL30? Would it be more advisable for me to get those and save more money for the Super.fi 5 pro's, or spend more money now for the Ety's or AL?

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 36
I started with an Audio Technica CK7 and it's a really great starter model. I don't know why( since it's an IEM model ) its bass became really good after some burn-in( around 50hs ). Very balanced sound, detailed and nice sounding phone. You won't regret getting one.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #29 of 36
Hmm, so far my choices are:
Audio Technica CK7 - ~$73
Etymotic ER-6i - ~$74
Altec Lansing iM716 - ~$89
Soundmagic PL30 - ~$26

Does anybody have anything to say that can help me decide between these four IEM's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back