Which Sound Card for have benefice of my Grado SR60 ?
Feb 15, 2007 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

lerio

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, while tested and Appreciate my new Grado SR60 i just understand that my onboard sound car s@ck
frown.gif

My motherboard is a Asus A8N-SLI with a onboard sound card who have a optical and coaxial output and have a good reputation on the review i read, but listening a CD today and compare to my small Sony Hi Fi system (MHC W25) i noticed that a subtile voice who go from Left to Right on my Hi Fi don't do that on my PC..

I just upload a short part of the song, if you want to test if you PC can ear that or no, it's a 11 Sec and repeated 3 times, voice say "i got a frequence ###..." (don't understand what he say on Right side: english is not my first language
biggrin.gif
) http://www.savefile.com/files/493524

Which sound card you recomend me to have a good benefice of my Grados SR60 (at reasonable price) ?

Thank's

Feb 15, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 31
Feb 15, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Juli@
USB EMU 0404
X-fi
AV710 if you have a dac.

Those get my votes. Not in any order though.

Here in France i found Juli@ for 150 € and X-fi 110 €, more then the price of my Grado sr60
frown.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Well, from that, I'm going to guess you can't justify yet(if ever) to have a sound card that costs more than your headphones.

How much are you willing to spend?

70 to 80 € which mean max 100 $

But if i'll have a sound card who can't detect the sonor effect i described above maybe i'll try to more listen on my Hi Fi

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #8 of 31
If you aren't a gamer maybe will be easy to find anyone.
In my case I'll like to have Dolby Headphone suport, and I think here, in Spain, the cheapest option is X-fi Gamer (Gamer because it's cheaper than Music, and has direct on board SPDF output).

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by dacari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you aren't a gamer maybe will be easy to find anyone.
In my case I'll like to have Dolby Headphone suport, and I think here, in Spain, the cheapest option is X-fi Gamer (Gamer because it's cheaper than Music, and has direct on board SPDF output).

I play game but my first need now is listen to music and have most potential of my Grado sr60

I just check and seem you're right the Gamer is at more reasonable price then other one, just to be sure i selected right model is it this ?

the one you recommended ? http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Son-Nume...reme-Gamer.htm

and the original who are too expensive ? http://www.rueducommerce.fr/Son-Nume...tal1ty-Pro.htm

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 31
Yes, the first one. The second is Fatality version for hardcore gamers, and I think it's improved DAC and buffer, etc....

For me, Gamer, will be nice at the moment. If you buy online, check pixmania.com

Music direct, people also recommend: emu.com and m-audio.com
check: thomann.de

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #11 of 31
Feb 15, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by dacari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, this bulk version, called Audio isn't the same quality. True X-Fi starts at Gamer and Music.

Thank's for this precision

Anybody here who have a sound card X-Fi can do the test i talked ? : download the short part of the song, if you want to test if you can ear that or no, it's a 11 Sec and repeated 3 times, voice say "i got a frequence ###..." (don't understand what he say on Right side english is not my first language ) http://www.savefile.com/files/493524

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

frequency

OK, did you ear the effect my PC missing ? which sound card you use then ?

Thank's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back