Which software do you use for playing music?
Jun 14, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #17 of 30
Does anyyone use built in equalizer, a stand alone software eq or a hardware eq? Or no eq at all?
I use Acustica Sienna in system wide mode. I started using it for mixing/mastering, but it was so jarring to turn off that I eventually decided to just leave it on if I'm using headphones. I still check mixes with it off every now and then, but it's on 95% of the time.

Other than that, I get a lot of my music on youtube, local files through VLC.

Jun 15, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #18 of 30
I started listening to Spotifiy (16 bit 44 kHz) via the Wiim pro. I have downloaded a lot of music for offline listening and I must say that I enjoy it. The Wiim pro is connected to the Meier Audio Soul dac via spdif. It is a great way explore new music. There is no need to use a laptop. Just a smartphone (which I can use a the remote control also).

Jun 26, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #19 of 30
Ever since I tried that one site that lets you A/B 320kbps vs FLAC and realised after hours of back and forth that I couldn't at all find any difference, I've used Spotify for almost everything. Prior to that I tried to maintain a library in FLAC and listened via Foobar2000. Still have it but rarely use it these days as I didn't move my old library over to my new PC, and I find that with Spotify I'm always listening to other peoples' playlists and discovering new music that way, whereas with an offline library I don't tend to listen to as much variety. It's also nice that when I switch devices I just pick up where I left off, or can listen from one device but control the music from another - something I'm sure could probably be set up with software too but I'm a lazy git.

Jun 28, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #21 of 30
I switched over from Spotify to Amazon music unlimited. Spotify still does not support external storage on android devices!

Jul 1, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #22 of 30
I use the trusty Onkyo HF player...still the best all-rounder for me.

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #23 of 30
On my PC: Tidal, Foobar 2000
On iPad Pro: Tidal
On iPhone: FLAC player
On Android DAP: Tidal, HiBy Music

Jul 1, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #24 of 30
Does anyyone use built in equalizer, a stand alone software eq or a hardware eq? Or no eq at all?
Because Tidal does not offer any EQ functionality, I tried Roon, but couldn’t rationalize the cost. On my Android DAP, I have HiBy music installed. It has access to my Tidal playlists, and offers two nice EQ functions.

On my PC, I use Foobar2K with the parametric EQ plug in.

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #26 of 30
I am using Vox on Mac to play my local music files. Not sure if any other player is as minimal and as convenient as Vox. What other player give a significant upgrade over Vox?

Dec 12, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #27 of 30
Hello,
Best combo for me : Roon Core server + Tidal Hifi Plus and Roon app on iphone, ipad, mac and PC :)

Dec 12, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #28 of 30
Sorry, Harman Roon now...

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #29 of 30
Tidal, as they have most of the music I listen to, and are the streaming services that pays the most to the artists. Also Plex when I want to stream my ripped CD'S or digital albums.

I'm testing Qobuz right now as well, but unfortunately some of my favorite albums are missing, which is a shame as I do like some of the features they offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back