Which silicone tips fit Denon C551?
Nov 22, 2008 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

synaesthetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that I've got my sexy, sexy Etymotic HF5s (both sexy in looks and sound, that is), I have no use for my barely-used Denon C551s. The sound just wasn't my cup of tea...

Anyway, I have decided to give the C551s to a friend of mine who I am positive will greatly appreciate them, as she is currently stuck with iBuds on her 4G Nano. A music lover's travesty, indeed, and not to mention she has difficulty keeping them from falling out of her ears.

My problem is, during the first week of owning them, I pretty much destroyed the stock tips that came with the C551s in an attempt to actually get some kind of seal. My efforts ended in not only failure, but the destruction of the original silicone tips.

So far I know that Sony earphone tips and Comply foams will fit the C551s, but neither options are especially attractive. The Comply are too expensive and foams are not an option for Nika; she's a music-lover, but hardly an audiophile. After she burns through three pair of Comply tips she'll just quit using the earphones entirely, rather than pay $17 for three more pair. The Sony earphone tips don't seal any better than the stock ones; I've tried them as well.

So I am in quandary, wondering which ones would be best to buy and package with the earphones when I send them off to my friend.

Does anyone know any other silicone tips that will fit on Denon C551s?

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 5
I tried those and they don't work much better than the ones the C551 came with. The seal is so difficult to attain.

Maybe I just have weird ears.

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #5 of 5
When I had the 551's I tried a large variety of tips that I had around. Fortunately for me the medium Sony EX tips fit. However I also found that Audio-Technica and Skullcandy Ink'd tips fit. The Skullcandy might work for you since they are slightly larger, longer, and thicker silicon than the denon or Sony tips. Unfortunately they roll off the treble a touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back