Which should I choose? Either the Sennheiser HD201, 202 II, 203 or 205 II?
Nov 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

YellowKnobs

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to headphone shopping, and sort of music in general, so I've been having trouble deciding which of headphones I should order.

They're the Sennheiser HD201, HD202 II, HD203, and HD205 II.

I currently own the Koss Ur29, and I would've gone with the HD201 already since I've heard so many good things about it, but I started getting second thoughts when I saw that some people directly compared the Koss Ur29 and HD201, and said that the Koss had slightly better sound quality than the 201.

Before, I was being kind of stingy with my budget and was only willing to buy either the HD201 or 202 II. But after all the trouble I've been through, I don't really care anymore about price as long as its below $60, and am willing to pay even for the sort of expensive HD205. That said, I'm leaning more towards either the 203 or 205 II. So I'd like to see comparisons between the two if any of you are able to offer any.

I listen to a pretty wide range of music, but I guess most of the songs in my library are rock and techno. I don't really know what I'm looking for in terms of bass, mids, highs, and all those other terminology I'm not all that knowledgeable of. (I did say I was a noob). So I guess I'm just looking for the best, overall sound quality out of these 4 headphones.

Comfort is also pretty important to me too. I prefer over-ear headphones because I've never liked the feeling of headphones pressing on my ears (I wear glasses, and have big ears), and I heard the HD201 kind of fits that description more than the others, but I'm not too sure. I'm also not too sure how the others fare in the comfort category.

So... which of these 4 headphones should I get? Thanks a lot, from someone wanting to take the first step in the world of the audiophile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back