Which set of Headphones is right for me?
Dec 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Clincher09

500+ Head-Fier
After doing a lot of research and asking around I've narrowed it down to the Audio Technica M50s, Shure SRH440s, and the AKG K-240s. I listen to a pretty wide range of music, some of the bands I listen to often are Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Kid Cudi, Kanye West, and I'd like a phone that can handle all of these different genres pretty well. I'm currently using the Sennheiser HD 485s and I'd like a phone with similar or better soundstage and more bass.

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #6 of 35
I suggest changing the title of this thread to "Need More Bass AND More Sound Stage" and add your question to your first post - so you can get more opinions. But my rough estimate is a minimum budget of $250 for headphones and other equipment. 

Quote:
How much would I need to bump my budget up to get both? And I would take more bass with the same sound stage if possible. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 35

Quote:
I suggest changing the title of this thread to "Need More Bass AND More Sound Stage" and add your question to your first post - so you can get more opinions. But my rough estimate is a minimum budget of $250 for headphones and other equipment. 

I second this, be more specific. You'll get more responses. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 35
The K240 is probably the most balanced between these 3...the soundstage is not as wide as on my K702 (DUH!) but it's still pretty good. I'd go for those

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #11 of 35
If I were to bump my budget up to $250, what headphones and/or amp would you recommend?

Quote:

Quote:
How much would I need to bump my budget up to get both? And I would take more bass with the same sound stage if possible. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #12 of 35
K240 and spend the rest on a good amp. If you spend 250$ on the headphones it means you need to have an amp, most of the times

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #14 of 35
The DT700 will give you more bass, but the soundstage is nothing like the K240s. The K240s' bass isn't much lighter than the DT770s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back