Which semi High end iem should i get if i listen to almost everything
Jun 16, 2010 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jonhapimp

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all
I know there's already a thread like this but those are mostly $300 iems which I'm looking for iems around $200 and 250 max(with shipping included)
I've tried narrowing down my choices but then it seems like something new pops up.
I listen to everything except country and classical(but some of my music has classical instruments)
So i need good bass, good lows, good mids, good highs, and good all rounder IEM.
any suggestion would help. thx
i was looking at the westones 2, and jays d jays or maybe the Fischer Audio’s DBA-02

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 18
Yes, I would say the W2's which I have had or the DBA-02's which I have only heard about.  From what I can tell the bass would be slightly more with W2. if that matters.

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 18
I would look through the for sale forum for EQ7s or Westone 3s or Monster Turbine Pro Coppers or something like that

Oh and if you're not gonna be moving around too much with them the Radius DDMs seem to be high favored as well.

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 18
MTP Copper, Radius DDM, UE TF10Pro, GR8, DBA-02, IE8 and EX700..........

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
I would look through the for sale forum for EQ7s or Westone 3s or Monster Turbine Pro Coppers or something like that

Oh and if you're not gonna be moving around too much with them the Radius DDMs seem to be high favored as well.

I would like to get them new if possible, if not then i would search there

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 18

Quote:
MTP Copper, Radius DDM, UE TF10Pro, GR8, DBA-02, IE8 and EX700..........

can't find the UEs
heard the GR8 aren't that great
the fischers are getting good reception just open to my optiona
I found the sennheisiers for 235 but that seemed really low compared to the other prices i found so i'm afraid there going to be counterfiet
Not sure about the Ex700s

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:

I guess the Radius have bad microphonics

Quote:
MTP Copper is pretty high-end and expensive.
UE TripleFi10 has recessed mids.
I would say Radius and DBA-02

Seems like i'm leaning toward the DBA-02

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 18
TF10ProVi(with mic) are on sale with very good price and it's under your budget limit.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #10 of 18
The mids on the TF10 are a bit recessed, but it is still a very good sounding 'phone.  Some people have fit issues, but I personally do not with the TF10.  The Turbine Coppers are probably a good choice for an all-rounder.  I'm not sure about the availability of the DBA-02s. Last I heard, they were in very short supply - but that may have changed.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
TF10ProVi(with mic) are on sale with very good price and it's under your budget limit.

Do you have a link

Quote:
The mids on the TF10 are a bit recessed, but it is still a very good sounding 'phone.  Some people have fit issues, but I personally do not with the TF10.  The Turbine Coppers are probably a good choice for an all-rounder.  I'm not sure about the availability of the DBA-02s. Last I heard, they were in very short supply - but that may have changed.

I usually have problems with the fit of some iems
I might not want to take a chance.
but so far it's UE TF10 vs DBA-02s

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #13 of 18
Westone UM3X or just wait some time, get 150-200$ more and get really High-end iem and get Earsonics SM3.
Then you will get neutral iems, high-end and good for all genres of music.

All other iems beside um3x, sm3, westone 3, tf10pro, se530 arent high-end and stop calling them high-end....

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
Westone UM3X or just wait some time, get 150-200$ more and get really High-end iem and get Earsonics SM3.
Then you will get neutral iems, high-end and good for all genres of music.

All other iems beside um3x, sm3, westone 3, tf10pro, se530 arent high-end and stop calling them high-end....

if you read my post I didn't call them high end(^ and i mentioned the ones in your post, which are high end) and i can't go any higher than my max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back