Which SC or DAC?
Sep 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

deltaspirit

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I've been really into this hobby recently so I purchased a darkvoice 336i with some nice tubes and some akg k701, and grado sr325 to go along with my grado sr80. The music sounds nice, I feel some sort of change when I plug my akg k701 directly into my asus xonar dx then into my DV 336i connected to the soundcard but it's not a night and day difference. I figure I need a dac or a new soundcard, I know that most agree that external is better but I don't get any sounds when my windows volume is full and my amp is at 100%. I don't really need any of those extras that the soundcards have like 7.1 or whatever. I guess I'm looking for something that would give me the best result for 200-250$ or less. So far I've considered the DACMAGIC or something from the ASUS Xonar Essence line.

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 6
Is there anything worth looking at other than the two I mentioned?

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 6
I don't think there's anything in that price range that will be a signifigant upgrade. The Essense STX or ST might be worthwhile. I think the dacmagic is a bit expensive, when you get in that budget range there are alot more options out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back