1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Which RS1/RS1i do I have just bought? (pics included)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by proglover, May 14, 2011.
  1. Proglover
    I've just bought some RS1's or RS1i's. They were sold to me as RS1's, box doesn't include an 'i' either.
    But I've been searching through some pics here, mine seems like a RS1i [​IMG]

Can someone give me certainty on which one I have here?

DSC02677.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02697.jpg

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

2. Aizura
    Definitely an RS1i, with the round metal rods and thick cable. Maybe Grado accidentally gave them the wrong box?

3. Proglover

Quote:

Thanks

Well exactly, I though I went crazy. The box does have the same serial number as the cups, but they definitely look like 'i's'

(so we'll see what I prefer, HF-2 or RS1i, I'll keep the ones I like more)

4. wje
    Wow, yes - it appears that you may have received a different set of headphones than you were promised by the markings on the container.  Due to this "misfortune", I'd be glad to purchase them from you for $200 (U.S. $$) so you won't have to live the rest of your life with this issue.  [​IMG]

5. nakedhand
    The third picture from the top makes me feel like dropping the plans of getting an RS1i myself. Looks like a very sloppy job on the fabric and the glue, really comes off sloppy and careless.

6. kite7 Contributor
    The glue is not surprising but I have seen it done more neatly. The fabric most likely did not come like that new, could have been from handling by the user from changing pads or accidentally brushing the edges of the fabric.

7. flaming_june
    It's an RS1i that's in the old box.  They have done it with many of their RS1is and it's the one that I have.  Yours is also the one with the upgraded thickness in cable, vs the original RS1.

8. Proglover

Quote:

Ah, they did that with many RS1i's, ok

Thanks for the update:)

9. Nick01
    This could be the last generation of RS1, the buttonless version one. Just my $0.02 [​IMG]

10. Allforheather
    I'm so jealous about the lighter colour on your rs1is.. My recent purchase of the rs2is are made of fairly darker wood... not as shiny as yours..[​IMG]