Which portable headphone amp produces the most impact bass.
Mar 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dkesner4

New Head-Fier
I have the ultrasone pro 900 and am looking for a portable amp that will make its bass unmatchable. I listen to mostly dubstep, if that helps. I am thinking, maybe the digizoid zo2? So if you know of a portable headphone amp that produces the most impact bass then let me know. :)

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 11
The zo2 has a ton of bass, but if you turn the bass up higher it becomes very loose and uncontrolled. The fiio e11 provides a cleaner sound for your heads and has 2 eq settings that work of the mostly ignored sub-bass while still having a great punch and tight feeling. If you want very loose bass, i can't stop ya, but the zo2 is great for phones that lack in the bass department while the fiio is great for even my extra bass 500s. Like I said, it's your own decision.
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 11
The cMoyBB v2.03 will practically double the bass on your headphones with the bass boost enabled and still cause little if any distortion. I think it is a much better amp than the Fiio E11 and is a good bang for buck amp. Not to mention it has a really unique design that will start up a lot of conversations.

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 11
If you want bass impact and not just bass ammount then you should definitely go for the fiio e11. For me the impact comes when the bass is fast, tight and under control. zo2 gives you more bass in quantity but it quickly loses control at high levels and even starts to distort and the bass kinda rolls off early and you lose some of the impact. I love my cmoybb and its bass is pretty good but the e11 quickly retired it (mainly because of the size difference) - the bass with both is fast and tight but the fiio just feels more controlled and even on EQ 0 you start to feel the impact just because it gets tighter.

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 11
I'm in a similar situation.  I've been looking into the fiio e7 for the dac (the e11 doesn't have dac, correct?) but I would also like extremely booming bass from my ipod that I currently get when using my macbook pro with an eq/filter program.

Currently, out of may laptop, i basically get the awesome subwoofer effect (not subtle - it booms) with clear enough mids and highs for me to thoroughly enjoy it.  I'd like that from my ipod/pc laptop and android phone, too.  Will an e7 or e11 do the trick?  e11 seems to be cheaper, too.

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #6 of 11
I have both a Digizoid Zo2 and a FiiO e6. The Digizoid Produces a cleaner sound, But the bass seems to be Higher with The EQ1 option on the e6(+8.5DB)

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Even if my budget goes up to $300, the fiio e11 will give me the hardest hitting bass?

If your budget stretches that far, you should start looking at higher quality amps, like FiiO E17, JDS C421, Headstage Arrow, among others. Any of those headphone amplifiers completely outclass the ones mentioned on this thread previously, but that comes at a price.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, for a bigger budget you'll get better stuff. You can check some of the impressions' threads here. From what I've heard the iBasso D4 Mamba seems one of the best options in the sub-$300 range. Also, the JDS C421 seems to be picking up speed and getting popular. There are a lot of other options but you must decide if size-wise they are portable enough for you and if it's worth it coz I don't know a lot of people who pay 300 bucks for an amp just for the bass boost.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #10 of 11
There have been reports of Pro 900 users that are very happy with the Headstage Arrow in terms of both bass quantity AND quality. The issue with entry amps is that they more often than not only provide quantity but at a very high quality cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back