Which pad sounds the best with sr60?
Jul 3, 2005 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
I gave an audition to the sr60 at a store and wasn't impressed with it (it sounds congested , only slightly better than ksc 75) , it was used with comfies. I am planning to get this/hd201 for my friend's birthday , enhance his listening experience with his newly bought mp3 player.

Jul 3, 2005 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi hentai,

The pair you auditioned was it new out-of-box or was it a demo pair with lots of hours on it? Which source did you use?

Overlunge

Jul 3, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 5
Its a demo set . It has been there for 2 months i think. I use a ipod mini as the source. My friend uses a zen micro

Jul 3, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
Its a demo set . It has been there for 2 months i think. I use a ipod mini as the source. My friend uses a zen micro

Initially I was wondering if the headphones burnt-in or not, but with store demo headphones, you never know sometimes.

Sometimes the mids can sound congested if it's not amplified properly... but SR-60 is not a current hungry headphones either.

I guess then the pads are the next factor, you can either spend some more and get the flats from Todd (but IMHO, it doesn't change the SR-60 for the better), or you can get your friend to do the mods on the comfies.

Overlunge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back