Which ones? ATH-MSR7, MDR-1A, K550? £150 range
Sep 21, 2018 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Stylis10

New Head-Fier
So my previous pair of headphones which I have had for coming upto 5 years has been the KOSS Pro100. However these are coming to the end of their life (I know lifetime warranty, but they have been modded no go area)

Anyway, I am looking for a new pair of headphones around the £150 range (prefer not to go above that). I dont use a DAC or any style of amp, the headphones are mainly used with mobile and PC.

If anyone has any recommendations other than the 3 stated above I am all ears (i really picked those 3 because of the reviews I have seen and i like the look of them)

Edit:
Looking in the UK
Over Ear headphones, Closed

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 20
Are you in the States? If so you could have the Koss Pro4s for $133. Excellent headphone and comes in a nice case. They look really nice as well. I had to pay more being in the UK.

I have never heard the ATH but I have heard the Sony. Super comfortable but the bass is a bit overdone for my taste. Not heard the AKG either. What do you use them for?

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 20
Are you in the States? If so you could have the Koss Pro4s for $133. Excellent headphone and comes in a nice case. They look really nice as well. I had to pay more being in the UK.

I have never heard the ATH but I have heard the Sony. Super comfortable but the bass is a bit overdone for my taste. Not heard the AKG either. What do you use them for?

I am in the UK. As for the Koss Pro4s, I have tried those, but didn't find them comfortable if I am honest.

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 20
I am in the UK. As for the Koss Pro4s, I have tried those, but didn't find them comfortable if I am honest.

Some people don't. We have fewer options here in the UK ... to stay under that price anyway. Do you prefer it to be closed and not open?

Sep 21, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 20
The AKG and the ATH are well regarded by many. I just have no experience with either so I cannot say which, if either, you should get. Which one are you leaning toward? I do see now that your price was in pounds and those are just at that amount.

You do realize that if you wait too long to decide that this will go on for pages and pages with various users arguing over what is best for you :):):)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #13 of 20
Sep 21, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #14 of 20
The AKG and the ATH are well regarded by many. I just have no experience with either so I cannot say which, if either, you should get. Which one are you leaning toward? I do see now that your price was in pounds and those are just at that amount.

You do realize that if you wait too long to decide that this will go on for pages and pages with various users arguing over what is best for you :):):)

You're right, I think it's going to be between the MDR-1A and ATH-MSR7.

I just wish I could find somewhere to try out the ATHs, I've heard the Sony and they are good also currently £120 vs £150 for the ATH, though the ATH comes with extra cables which I could definitely find handy.... I do hate being indecisive but thanks for your help and everyone else's on here

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #15 of 20
Well, probably nothing beats the Sony for comfort. I just found the bass to be fatiguing but if you have heard it and not had a problem then maybe that is the one. Everyones ears are different and our music and sources. I do like the look of that Soundmagic but I have promised myself to stop buying headphones. I have more than anyond should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back