which one to get , dr dre pro or sennhiser ?
Oct 12, 2011 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

paranomialstic

New Head-Fier
hi 
found two headphones in the local shop today , first one was dr dre pro cost 400 dollar  and other was sennhiser hd650 cost 390dollar ,
because they are the same range , which one is better? 

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 33
DING! DING! DING! You've uttered the ultimate curse word! People will be on you soon but before you're flooded with put downs. Get the Sennheisers HD650, they are better in every way a headphone can be better. Even if you were using them to wash dishes, they would be better.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 33
Funny thread is funny. 

What to commute to work on/in to get there fastest?  An elephant or a race car? They both cost $400, so which is better?

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 33
hmm they both sound awsome in the shop , the sennhiser sound weird to me not like what i used to and the beats sound  like the singer is near my ear , and those are 400$ so i said it would be better if i asked you here first 
if the sennhiser is better in sound quality what about the build quality ? i dont wanna it to break in few weeks , as i remember it looked like all plastic 

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 33
I have a feeling this thread is going to be great. 
popcorn.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #7 of 33

Quote:
hmm they both sound awsome in the shop , the sennhiser sound weird to me not like what i used to and the beats sound  like the singer is near my ear , and those are 400$ so i said it would be better if i asked you here first 
if the sennhiser is better in sound quality what about the build quality ? i dont wanna it to break in few weeks , as i remember it looked like all plastic 

It does look like crap but... generally if you treat it well, they won't break.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 33

Quote:

Come again?  The HD650's trump the Beats 100 times over both in sound quality, and build quality.  If you're satisfied with the Beats sound, maybe this isn't the best place for you to be...

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 33

Quote:
Come again?  The HD650's trump the Beats 100 times over both in sound quality, and build quality.  If you're satisfied with the Beats sound, maybe this isn't the best place for you to be...

That's exactly where I was trying not to go by only answering the question about the durability... but hey now that it's brought up, it's not so awkward...

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 33
Pretty much everyone here is going to tell you to buy the 650s, but it's YOUR $.  If you haven't done it already, take a variety of types of music that you like to listen to, and spend an hour (or longer) just comparing them back in forth.  If they both sound good to your ears, decide whether comfort and aesthetics make one more appealing than the other.  A lot of people like the dre headphones simply because they look cool.  I see nothing wrong with that.  In fact, I purchased my B&W P5s for looks and comfort alone, even though my Audio Technica M50s sound better for half the cost. 

$400 isn't pocket change, so don't let a bunch of strangers pressure you into headphones you might not personally prefer. Just my two cents..

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #12 of 33

Quote:

the sound of the beats was great , i think you didnt tried them yet , im talking about the new ones "pro" not the studio , and also the hd sound good but  you cant feel the vocalist  as you do with the beats , 
maybe im wrong but that what i noticed in the 2 minute experiment with both of them , i dont own  headphones before just some random ones and speakers , so im not that expert 

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #13 of 33
Football players seem to like the Beats.  I'd go for those.

In all seriousness, however, I suspect OP started this thread as a joke.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #14 of 33

Quote:
Pretty much everyone here is going to tell you to buy the 650s, but it's YOUR $.  If you haven't done it already, take a variety of types of music that you like to listen to, and spend an hour (or longer) just comparing them back in forth.  If they both sound good to your ears, decide whether comfort and aesthetics make one more appealing than the other.  A lot of people like the dre headphones simply because they look cool.  I see nothing wrong with that.  In fact, I purchased my B&W P5s for looks and comfort alone, even though my Audio Technica M50s sound better for half the cost. 

$400 isn't pocket change, so don't let a bunch of strangers pressure you into headphones you might not personally prefer. Just my two cents..

yeh this is the end of this post , im going to try them again and go with what my heart and ears tellin me 
best wishes 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back