which one to get , dr dre pro or sennhiser ?
Oct 12, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #16 of 33

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #17 of 33
If you like beats, Ultrasone Pro 900. They do everything that beats do but better.

For the 650s you need an expensive amp. Not for these. Yes, they do benefit from amping but they sound great without one too.

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
Should you punch yourself in the face or the crotch?

Quote:
Football players seem to like the Beats.  I'd go for those.

In all seriousness, however, I suspect OP started this thread as a joke.

Quote:
Funny thread is funny. 

What to commute to work on/in to get there fastest?  An elephant or a race car? They both cost $400, so which is better?

Quote:
Come again?  The HD650's trump the Beats 100 times over both in sound quality, and build quality.  If you're satisfied with the Beats sound, maybe this isn't the best place for you to be...

Quote:

It's really quite sad that a newbie posts a question about equally priced headphones and gets responses like these.  Regardless of your personal opinion, this guy will likely never return to this forum or recommend it to others who seek advice.  I'm pretty sure that's not what head-fi.org is about.  At least I hope not..

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #19 of 33

Quote:

It's really quite sad that a newbie posts a question about equally priced headphones and gets responses like these.  Regardless of your personal opinion, this guy will likely never return to this forum or recommend it to others who seek advice.  I'm pretty sure that's not what head-fi.org is about.  At least I hope not..

as funny as this thread is, i have to agree.

wait, wait, is newbie the way head-fi refers to new people?

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #20 of 33

Quote:

It's also not about doing all of somebody's research for them.  There are numerous sticky/wiki threads, not to mention search functions, available.  My response may have been sarcastic, but if it did not drive our OP away from headphilia, perhaps it helped him/her to use google to better advantage.  

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #21 of 33
Also think about this. Is your shop properly amping the HD650's?  They sound a hell of a lot better through a good tube amp than anything.  Its like listening to $4000 speakers through a feeble underpowered headphone amp.  Its going to sound a lot worse.

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #22 of 33
Ultrasone Pro900 or Pioneer HDJ2000 will serve you will if you like a bassy sound signature.
Pioneer's magnesium build should be able to stand up to being thrown at a few walls at the minimum (don't actually do this). The Pioneers also have a low enough impedance that you can drive them easily with a portable device, like an iPod or laptop. Should be cheaper as well.

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #23 of 33

Quote:

Try this on for size:  Read before you post.  Newbies can absorb a ton of information on here by reading.  There is plenty information on this forum about why Beats headphones are terrible, so it obviously shows lack of either effort or know-how of the search function for the OP to just post about this without doing research.  If its common practice for the OP to spend $400 without researching his options, I question his judgement.

Of course I'm playing the devil's advocate, but really.

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #24 of 33

Quote:

HTFU   There is no lack of information on the HD650's if one makes the slightest effort to search.  And I am talking minimal effort.

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 33

Quote:
hmm they both sound awsome in the shop , the sennhiser sound weird to me not like what i used to and the beats sound  like the singer is near my ear , and those are 400$ so i said it would be better if i asked you here first 
if the sennhiser is better in sound quality what about the build quality ? i dont wanna it to break in few weeks , as i remember it looked like all plastic 

Don't let anyone here tell you what sounds better to you. If you like the sound of the Beats better, you should definitely get the Beats.

As far as build quality, the HD650 is well build and designed to survive - it can take some good abuse. I don't have the Beats Pro, but the Pro look like they are of good quality construction too.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #26 of 33
with a headphone amp, the hd 650s are many many many many many many many many times better than the beats...

better bass (cleaner and more extension as well as hitting just as hard on some songs)
better mids/highs, better soundstage, better build quality, etc....

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #28 of 33

Quote:
Try this on for size:  Read before you post.  Newbies can absorb a ton of information on here by reading.  There is plenty information on this forum about why Beats headphones are terrible, so it obviously shows lack of either effort or know-how of the search function for the OP to just post about this without doing research.  If its common practice for the OP to spend $400 without researching his options, I question his judgement.

Of course I'm playing the devil's advocate, but really.

Comparisons about similarly priced headphones are common threads. Just because the OP included one many think is inferior doesn't justify belittling the guy.

Quote:
HTFU   

I'm not sure which is more amusing - the fact that I had to google this to know what it meant, or the fact someone used it with purpose on a head-fi.org equipment thread for headphones (full size).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back