[Which One?] Sennheiser CX 200/.Lift Audio Groove Series/JVC air cushion/Meelec M9/Soundmagic PL-21
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stonecaper

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Please Help Me to choose My Budget (and first) IEM

I Have Chosen

Sennheiser CX 200
Lift Audio Groove Series
JVC air cushion
Meelec M9
Soundmagic PL-21

Please tell Me Which one Should be the Best

For the Headphones i wanted to know If there Is anything Better in the Price Range Of senn HD 201s than the HD 201s itself?

PS. I am Sticking to sandisk sansa clip plus 8 Gb as My Mp3 player...is It okay?

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 5
"Best" is a relative term and depends on what you're looking for. Off of that list the M9 is probably the best in terms of overall sound quality but of course not everyone will like it the best. Also if you're in the US you may be able to find the higher-end M6 for the ~$20 shipped.

For headphones there's the perennial Koss KSC75 clip-ons in the ~$15 range and a bunch of options in the $25-35 range if you're willing to go that high. Neither the HD201 nor HD202 are anything special IMO.

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
"Best" is a relative term and depends on what you're looking for. Off of that list the M9 is probably the best in terms of overall sound quality but of course not everyone will like it the best. Also if you're in the US you may be able to find the higher-end M6 for the ~$20 shipped.

For headphones there's the perennial Koss KSC75 clip-ons in the ~$15 range and a bunch of options in the $25-35 range if you're willing to go that high. Neither the HD201 nor HD202 are anything special IMO.

For The Earphones i like Natural Sound,Without Extra weightage On Bass

For Headphones I Can go upto $25.Would Like a Supra Aural But Not a clip One...thnx

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:

For Headphones I Can go upto $25.Would Like a Supra Aural But Not a clip One...thnx

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

For a natural-sounding earphone try the PL30 instead of the PL21 if you can live with the form factor. The PL21 is definitely bass-boosted, though not by much and the M9 is just plain bassy. There's also the ECCI PR100 which should run ~$28 off ebay. Very underrated earphones. 

For Headphones take a look at the Maxell DHP-II. I paid ~$26 for mine off Amazon and they are surprisingly good for the price. They are circumaural but then so are the HD201. If you want true supraaurals I'd recommend the Coby CV185 (~$10-15). For a step up from these you'd have to spend $30-35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back