Which one: Panasonic RP HTF600 or Superlux HD 661?
Mar 1, 2015 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

drago10029

New Head-Fier
Hey ya'll I need some help.  Coming from a pair of SOL Republic V8, I'm considering getting one of 2 headphones:

1.Panasonic RP HTF600
2.Superlux HD 661
3. suggestions under 50$

These are my priorities and in the order listed :D Really good performing sound stage, I want comfort tha I can maybe fall asleep too on a train ride &(can be used for hours at a time)  I also would like clarity.  I really enjoy clean sound & the SOL Republics definitely don't perform well here.  Lastly, I'm not a Bass head.  I don't know if the SOL Republics would be considered bass head cans but I think the bass is good with SOL Republic just very far from being clean.  They're pretty muddy sounding.

Now some questions are would an amp be appropriate for these headphones and If so what do people recommend? I don't have a big budget and this is my 1st step into the audiophile world here so love me with your words here people! lol

p.s.  If I do purchase the Panasonic RP HTF600 I will be modding them with a 1/8 panel mount jack because 10 feet cables are gross lol

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 11
  Hey ya'll I need some help.  Coming from a pair of SOL Republic V8, I'm considering getting one of 2 headphones:
1.Panasonic RP HTF600
2.Superlux HD 661
3. suggestions under 50$
These are my priorities and in the order listed :D Really good performing sound stage, I want comfort tha I can maybe fall asleep too on a train ride &(can be used for hours at a time)  I also would like clarity.  I really enjoy clean sound & the SOL Republics definitely don't perform well here.  Lastly, I'm not a Bass head.  I don't know if the SOL Republics would be considered bass head cans but I think the bass is good with SOL Republic just very far from being clean.  They're pretty muddy sounding.
Now some questions are would an amp be appropriate for these headphones and If so what do people recommend? I don't have a big budget and this is my 1st step into the audiophile world here so love me with your words here people! lol
p.s.  If I do purchase the Panasonic RP HTF600 I will be modding them with a 1/8 panel mount jack because 10 feet cables are gross lol

RP-HTF600 surprising good sound for it's price, but to me it's not built to take a lot of abuse.
So i would take the Takstar HD-661

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 11
  Ok, thanks.  Can anyone else recommend?  or not? or something else? Please?  I love you??

Gemini HSR-1000, they appear to be relabeled Takstar Pro 80s.
Amazon has the Gemini's for $45.
http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-HSR-1000-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B006Y2BI04

Users who are viewing this thread

Back