Which of these should i give as a gift...
Oct 7, 2009 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

IDK

100+ Head-Fier
My Mother's Birthday is coming up...and i know my father is giving her a 160GB Ipod Classic...so being i nice guy that i am i'm going go get her some high quality earphones to add to the ipod
biggrin.gif

so i've narrowed it down to these options:

Shure SE210A
Sennheiser IE6
Etymotic Research ER-4P
Sleek Audio SA6W-1 (are wireless earphones good)
Klipsch Image X5
Shure SE310A

So which of these would pair up nicely with her new ipod?

Her Music Taste: Soul, Rock, Dance, Hip Hop, R&B

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 7
wireless is a nice touch if she doesn't want cables, hrmm by looking at her music taste probably the SA6, but they are probably the most expensive IEMs you've posted, due to the added wireless. X5 would be next.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 7
Not sure about the Sleeks in particular, but as a general rule a wireless link in the chain results in a drop in overall quality.

Also, the ER-4P is probably the least user-friendly of the ones you've listed (due to the rather deep insertion). I imagine comfort would be pretty important as I doubt your mom would take the sq-over-everything view favored on head-fi. The X5 and Senns would probably be the most comfortable of that bunch. Maybe the Klipsch S4 are worth considering as well.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Unless she's a diehard IEM person, the Etys are a tough place to start (I should know, it's where I started).

I would think some Yuin PK 1 or 2 earbuds would be a good, safe gift as well.

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless she's a diehard IEM person, the Etys are a tough place to start (I should know, it's where I started).

That is where I started, it never really bothered me but I can easily see where it would others, EXTREMELY deep insertion.

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PK1's need an amp. Probably not ideal in this situation. PK2/PK3 might work though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back