Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable?
Jan 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Caldoran

New Head-Fier
So, as the title says. Personally, I prefer the Sennheiser cabling for its high-end IEMs. So soft, flexible, and strong! Not to mention zero microphonics!

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
You expect people to have used/owned all of those? Or do you want a popularity contest....

Indeed. That's the way these polls always go. Also, the Monster Turbine Pro line uses a different cable from the Jamz line.

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:

Quote:
You expect people to have used/owned all of those? Or do you want a popularity contest....

Indeed. That's the way these polls always go. Also, the Monster Turbine Pro line uses a different cable from the Jamz line.

well, miles davis tributes are out of this one...

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 12
anywho, most of the phones mentioned have removable cables, if they feel lacking in anyway, you could just go out and buy a replacement

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 12
My vote is for the Westone cable. I'm assuming the Westone UM3X (which I have never had) uses the ES Cable (which I used with my UE SF5Pros). I loved the suppleness of that cable and the very low microphonics. The braiding also looks cool and I noticed significant improvement in detail over the stock UE cable. I only had it for about 3 months so I can't speak much to its durability though. I now have the Shure 535 and love the tank-build quality of the cable but find the microphonics slightly too high (in comparison to the ES Cable from Westone).

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #8 of 12
Yeah, including detachable cable earphones in a poll for the best cable is a bit ironic. My vote goes to the CK100 on the basis of what I have read here. I've read that Shure also packs in quite a substantial cable with all their earphones, but the cable on DBA-02 seems a bit iffy from the pictures. (specially at the strain releifs).

I don't own any of these btw.

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Yes its very weird that ue use that cable, beats me considering the price of the Tf10`s

even at the current low price, the cabling is still a huge disappointment...not to mention the original going price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back