Which of the 4 IEM's should I get?
Jun 30, 2008 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xsaqzw

New Head-Fier
I had a pair of Shure E2c's for about three years. Then the cord finally got screwed up. So I was looking to replace them with either the UM1's, ER6i's, ER-4P, or SF5P's. I know there is a big difference between the former and latter two but I was just wondering if it would be worth it. I mainly listen to hip-hop, electronica, alternative and metal. If you think something else would suit me better please let me know.

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 5
Budget?

And what is 'alternative'. Mine may not be yours
smily_headphones1.gif

Between ER6i and ER-4P go for the latter. There's no contest: if you like the Ety sound, ER-4P is a must. Unless there's a budgetary constraint...

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Budget?

And what is 'alternative'. Mine may not be yours
smily_headphones1.gif

Between ER6i and ER-4P go for the latter. There's no contest: if you like the Ety sound, ER-4P is a must. Unless there's a budgetary constraint...

I'd prefer to keep it at or under $150. Also, I've never heard any of the Eyt's. The only IEMs I have ever heard were my E2c's.

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by xsaqzw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...The only IEMs I have ever heard were my E2c's.

You're in for a very nice surprise
smily_headphones1.gif

My first IEMs were E2c, and I was shocked by how better the Crossroads X3/ATH CK7/JBL 220s were in enhancing my enjoyment of music....going from E2c to ER-4P will be a revelation.

Not that the E2c are bad (I still keep mine, just for oldtimes sake), they're just...meh.

I assume a similar revelation with UM1 & SF5P, but I've not heard those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back