Which mp3 player I can use as DAC via portable amp?
Nov 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

knopi

500+ Head-Fier
I have the Clip + iBasso D2 Boa + Head Direct RE1, I really enjoy sound with RE1 via DAC iBasso in the computer but I bought RE1 for outdor listening, i prefer fullsize headphones at home of course. I dont like the Clip much with RE1 and iBasso ampfilier dont save him, sound is muddy and lack energy. Probably bad synergy.
If I can use mp3 player via DAC it would be the best way.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 5
There are no MP3 players where you can hook them up to an external DAC via USB such as those in DAC/Amp portables like Ibasso D2 or D3, the Pico, and RSA Predator. The DAC needs software installed in order to be seen (which is what PC operating system will do automatically when a DAC is hooked up through USB) which all MP3 players do not have. The only feasable way to do something like this is to buy a small UMPC (Ultra Mobile Personal Computer) type device, put your music on that, and then hook up the DAC/Amp to it via USB.

The only true line out MP3 player currently in production that is viable for on-the-move listening are Ipods. Alot of players from various brands, such as Sony and Sansa, have line out but only through proprietary docks which are big and not for on-the-go applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back