Which Mini-to-mini cable?
Mar 19, 2007 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

denisavu

100+ Head-Fier
To help a noobie, which mini-to-mini cable do you use? Which one is the absolute best, and which offers best-bang-for-buck?

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks. At first I was concerned with the "iPod" designation, perhaps being only iPod-specific, but learned that it is a mini-mini cable.

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by denisavu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To help a noobie, which mini-to-mini cable do you use? Which one is the absolute best, and which offers best-bang-for-buck?

Blue Jeans Cable will make a mini to mini and they use really good materials.

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 12
Don't discount the shielded RadioShack 6" mini-to-mini. I'm serious, comparing to the 200USD I have spent, the RadioShack stacks up very well indeed.

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best bang for the buck

http://www.headphone.com/products/ca...mini-cable.php

That 6" RadioShack came free with the Xin. So comparing to the Cardas, which I also have, is still better per $!
tongue.gif

But quite right, the cardas is sonically better, though only by a "very tiny" fraction.

The best part of the cardas is the angled terminations.

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 12
Thanks, I appreciate all the replies! Any difference in using silver vs. copper?

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Thanks, I appreciate all the replies! Any difference in using silver vs. copper?

Uuuh, we just had a thread on this a few weeks ago. I suggest you do a search for that one. That opens up a big can of worms, as it is all subjective.

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #11 of 12
I really like my mini-mini that i got from www.apuresound.com its not very expensive and sounds VERY good

Mar 19, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #12 of 12
Thanks guys! My days of spending megabucks for a meter of interconnect are over. Judging from how much my setup can resolve will determine the relative budget of the IC. I agree that it does not make sense to spend 3-4X the cost of your rig on an interconnect.

The link proposes sliver-plated copper? Who makes those?
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back