Which microphone with open headphones?
Apr 20, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #46 of 59
There's no real reason to be using an omnidirectional mic for gaming, in fairness.

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #47 of 59
  There's no real reason to be using an omnidirectional mic for gaming, in fairness.

Unfortunately it is hard to avoid them: a vast majority of headset mics and desk based microphones are either cardioid or omni - despite the proximity effect, they can pick up sounds from everywhere. A shotgun Mic might be better, as they have a very directional pattern. 

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #50 of 59
I recently got a Neat Bumblebee USB mic:

9934142_l.jpg

The build quality of this mic is unreal. In a word: solid. It uses a single 24mm cardioid mic capsule. The mic boom allows for the mic to be placed in such a way the sound from my mechanical keyboard is minimized. It also has a spiffy 96khz recording capability too, and the mic has very low noise for a usb mic. There is a 3.5mm jack for self-monitoring, there are controls for mic gain, a few preset frequency curves [I just use neutral] and It also comes with a snap-on pop filter. Overall, the Mic has by far the best packaging I have ever seen for such a product.

My only complaint is that is kind of ruins the red/white/black colour scheme I have with my desktop PC gear.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #54 of 59
what do you mean in terms of bad? if you are afraid of sound leaking into the mic, then you don't need to worry. It doesnt pick it up unless you are listening at extremely loud volumes.
Plus, you can change the sensitivity of your mic using your interface or even VoiceMeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back