Which Koss Headphones share the PortaPro driver?
Jul 8, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #16 of 28
They kinda fold up, don't they? Fold in a couple places?

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PLEASE! That would be awesome of you. send me a private message when you listen to it.

Will do!

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 28
All the 35/75 driver headphones are open headphones.

To answer your previous question about the UR40, they sound pretty good for the money you spend (very similar to the KSC-75 because they share the same driver). They may be a bit more comfortable for you because of the around the ear style and the mesh headband. Personally, my favorite 75 driver phone was the KTX-Pro1 and my favorite 35 driver is the PortaPro.

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the 35/75 driver headphones are open headphones.

To answer your previous question about the UR40, they sound pretty good for the money you spend (very similar to the KSC-75 because they share the same driver). They may be a bit more comfortable for you because of the around the ear style and the mesh headband. Personally, my favorite 75 driver phone was the KTX-Pro1 and my favorite 35 driver is the PortaPro.

thanks. now I just have to decide which to get! Porta pro vs ur40...

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #21 of 28
Seeing as you haven't mentioned price as an issue, another headphone you might consider is the Sennheiser PX100. Like the PortaPro and UR40, it folds, and it shares a very similar sound signature to the PortaPro driver, but the folding mechanism is IMO infinitely better than that of the other two headphones, I still prefer the PortaPro and that would be my strong recommendation.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #23 of 28
If you do get a PortaPro. Try to get the 25th anniversary Edition. It looks great due to the ALL Black (no blue this time) and Silver tones and I personally find them with better bass control and mid range compared to the stock ones. The only thing is they cost alot more. =/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/k...review-416234/

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo_b2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you do get a PortaPro. Try to get the 25th anniversary Edition. It looks great due to the ALL Black (no blue this time) and Silver tones and I personally find them with better bass control and mid range compared to the stock ones. The only thing is they cost alot more. =/

obviously you didnt read what my budget is..
confused_face.gif

those phones definitely look cool though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #25 of 28
I owned Ur40 a long time ago,tradeed it for something,rebember thinkig it sounded "empty"

owned and still own a couple of pairs of porta pro
smily_headphones1.gif
for the price, they are great
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioTroll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned Ur40 a long time ago,tradeed it for something,rebember thinkig it sounded "empty"

owned and still own a couple of pairs of porta pro
smily_headphones1.gif
for the price, they are great
biggrin.gif

ok. going with the porta pro!

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #27 of 28
They lack the adjustable temporal pads: hence their Jr. status...

Which basically makes the Sportapros the modern equivalent to the Portapro Jrs in a way, with the exception of the ability to convert them to behind-the-neck.

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #28 of 28
  Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo_b2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

obviously you didnt read what my budget is..
confused_face.gif

those phones definitely look cool though
smily_headphones1.gif

25th-anniversary Portapro headband would look pretty cool with KSC75 drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back