Which Klipsch?
Feb 27, 2006 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

500+ Head-Fier
So I've decided that I am going to go with a set of Klipsch speakers to replace my old BA4800s. (I don't want bookshelves like the Swans.) Question now is: Should I get the ProMedia 2.1 or the ProMedia Ultra 2.0?

These are primarily (90%) going to be used for playing music. Maybe a random movie here and there, but I mainly use my HTPC for that. I don't play any games.

Music-wise, I listen to a lot of electronic music (Thievery Corporation, Tiesto, Zero 7, Sasha, PVD, etc) as well as mainstream pop, rock, and hip-hop. I want there to be solid bass, but I don't want it to be boomy, overpowering bass like a set of Logitechs I have.

I also need the headphone-out to be able to power cans like the A900, HD595, and DT990-32ohm that I plan to get sometime in the future. Source is the Chaintech AV710.

Given these requirements, which ones would be ideal for my intended use?

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 7
I would go ahead and get none of the above and shoot for the Klipsch IFi for 179$ at Klipsch.com.

Feb 28, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #5 of 7
True, but the iFi has the next step up Sub and Satellites. I own both the 2.1's and an iFi, its a pretty nice step up for the low price that iFis can be found at now. There is a jack on the back of the pod to plug any other player in. There is a jack on the back of the Sub to plug the PC into. (or other mixing source) (the jack on the back of the pod is a "master" one though, and will not allow the computer sounds thru when its in use)

In addition, you can upgrade the satellites if you want (I swapped my klipsch satellites with my Gallo surround pair.)

Feb 28, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
I would go ahead and get none of the above and shoot for the Klipsch IFi for 179$ at Klipsch.com.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's a bit more than I'm looking to spend right now. It also doesn't appear to have a headphone jack, which is something that I would really like to have for convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back