Which Interconnect Cable to get?
May 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

f00fighters

500+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to save money, on a high quality interconnect cable. This is my plan so far, and I wanted others opinions/suggestions.

I was going to buy the iBasso iPhone Head adapter only
it's right here to make one of the cables below into an LOD cable. $15

then i was going to buy one of these two from ebay

First choice $30 with shipping

Second Choice $25 with shipping

I did not want to get the LOD cable, incase I want to use a different source than my iPhone; like my Mac. Please help me decide, or suggest a better solution. I would like to maintain a low budget.

I am using this with my Grado 325is, C&C XO amp, iPhone 3G source; All music is lossless.

May 13, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Ok, I've now posted a want add in the For Sale/Trade forum in the Cables section. But I still want people's advice if any these choices are any good.

May 13, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 7
Hi, seems like those ebay cables are about the same. 99.99% is your average OFC copper, which means wire wise its going to be on par with a majority of the cables out there.

At this price range, you might want to consider the cardas mini-to-mini

Personally I like this setup better because it gives a lower profile. And I find that the higher quality you'll be getting won't be much so the cable, but more so the fact that you're using the Line Out function.

Given those 2 ebay interconnects, the materials by themselves cost around $5-7 to make (i.e. 2 Neutriks, Mogami OFC neglex, sleeving), so you should definitely check on the FS.

May 14, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 7
have someone tried the ibasso mini-to-mini cable CB01? Is the quality good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back