Which In-Ear phones for my budget?
Oct 28, 2008 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Koningske

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy new in-ear headphones for use with my cowon D2. Now I'm not really an audiophile, however I've looked around a bit, read some reviews, but couldn't find the perfect ones. So, I'd like to know your (more experienced
biggrin.gif
) opinions and recommendations for In-ear headphones
wink_face.gif

My budget is around 50 Euros (65 Dollar currently), maybe a bit more depending if there are really good ones.

I was looking at various models:

-Yuin OK3's, but because that type of earphones is not only in-ear I wasn't sure if they are comfortable while in ' in-ear mode' . Also read in the review they weren't really comfortable, which is pretty important to me.
- AKG K 324 P
-Creative EP 630:comfortable & good price?
-V-Moda Bass Freq

A bit more information: I mostly listen to electronic music (techno/hardstyle/hardcore), if that matters.
dt880smile.png

Looking forward to your replies and recommendations for IEMs for my budget
normal_smile .gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 8
How about the CKM50 from warehouse123.com.
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...UTATHCKM50-BLK

They also have the EX300SL for US$59 and the AT CK7 for $67.50 If you want to stretch a few bucks more to cover the shipping.

The AT's are both well regarded as better sounding than all the others you listed except maybe the OK3(but only in earbud mode). They should be better sounding and more comfy than the OK3 in canalphone mode. The EX300 is relatively new but the EX700, EX85, and EX90 were all good for their price points(street not MSRP) and if they a step above the EX90 as their model No. suggests they should be a bit above your other choices as well.

The CKM50 and EX300 offer some color choices as well as more style(IMO at least) than the others.

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koningske /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy new in-ear headphones for use with my cowon D2. Now I'm not really an audiophile, however I've looked around a bit, read some reviews, but couldn't find the perfect ones. So, I'd like to know your (more experienced
biggrin.gif
) opinions and recommendations for In-ear headphones
wink_face.gif

My budget is around 50 Euros (65 Dollar currently), maybe a bit more depending if there are really good ones.

I was looking at various models:

-Yuin OK3's, but because that type of earphones is not only in-ear I wasn't sure if they are comfortable while in ' in-ear mode' . Also read in the review they weren't really comfortable, which is pretty important to me.
- AKG K 324 P
-Creative EP 630:comfortable & good price?
-V-Moda Bass Freq

A bit more information: I mostly listen to electronic music (techno/hardstyle/hardcore), if that matters.
dt880smile.png

Looking forward to your replies and recommendations for IEMs for my budget
normal_smile .gif

the EP630s seems to be the better choice from those you listed, but perhaps you might want to look at the ATH CK7 as mentioned by jant71.

Or perhaps try out the SoundMagic PL-30?
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the CKM50 from warehouse123.com.
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...UTATHCKM50-BLK

They also have the EX300SL for US$59 and the AT CK7 for $67.50 If you want to stretch a few bucks more to cover the shipping.

The AT's are both well regarded as better sounding than all the others you listed except maybe the OK3(but only in earbud mode). They should be better sounding and more comfy than the OK3 in canalphone mode. The EX300 is relatively new but the EX700, EX85, and EX90 were all good for their price points(street not MSRP) and if they a step above the EX90 as their model No. suggests they should be a bit above your other choices as well.

The CKM50 and EX300 offer some color choices as well as more style(IMO at least) than the others.

jant71, have you tried the CKM50? Is it a step up or step down from the ck7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back