which IEM's are your biggest dissapointment and why??
Dec 1, 2007 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

jinx20001

Headphoneus Supremus
theres plenty of talk of whats the best and which phones deliver.

i want to know what phones that you have had or listened to that was the most dissapointing and why, ill throw a poll up to make decisions more clear. please dont all say the cheapest model. i want a vote on what was expected to be decent bus turned out dissapointing

Dec 1, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 70
The v moda vibes were -raved- everywhere on these forums. Then suddenly a few months later everything seemed to go downhill. I purchased these in the transition and ended up being one of those who were let down. It was extremely muddy sounding and had poorish isolation.

Dec 1, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #6 of 70
I defently think the shure e4 or the sure e5 was a disapointment. Hated the sony iem's.Not sure if anyone on here that purchased the UE-11 pro is disapointed with them or atleast for sound wise. Most comments i have seen were all praises. They are by far the best IEM's I have owned or heard and sound better to my ears than most of the full cans i have heard. I have not heard the really high dollar Grado's but up to the 325i I feel the sound on the 11 pro is superior

Dec 1, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #7 of 70
Shure E2c's: Bought during the model transition. Harsh, grainy high-end - almost unlistenable withour severe EQ'ing.

Shure E4: Borrowed (we use them as IEM's on stage). Decent highs, no bass even with Comply eartips.

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #8 of 70
Koss "The plug".
Horrible wearing comfort. Closed in sound stage. TOO much bass. No treble. etc.

Dec 2, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #10 of 70
I one time got the Panasonic RP-HJE50. It was completely terrible with 1) totally no bass and 2) you had to crank up the volume to hear anything decent. I returned it in no time flat.

Dec 2, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #12 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss "The plug".
Horrible wearing comfort. Closed in sound stage. TOO much bass. No treble. etc.

LOL x2 to this. Used them years ago...they were horrible!!! I actually used them for 3 months before moving up and instantly I thought, oh my god, i have been missing out on a whole lot of music with the sparkplugs!!! Glad to have got rid of them! Although, when the left driver went out, Koss did honour their lifetime warranty in an efficient manner so atleast their service is top notch!!!

Dec 2, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #13 of 70
V-Moda Vibe. Muddy and tinny sounding.

SE530. For some reason i just could not get these to fit me well, and as a result i got 0 bass.

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #14 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think there should be more choices. why not westone choices and atrio, etc etc.

erm thats what the ''other'' option is for, i could put every IEM up there but it would be pointless. i put a selection of big boy IEM's just to give the idea that the dissapointments dont have to be cheap.

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #15 of 70
the creative zen aurvana sucks! it was my first iem purchase and it has me afraid to buy another pair! too bad they cant stuff my 325i's into iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back