Which IEM to get for electronica? (~$200 or less)
Mar 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xtenglong

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of IEMs for my portable rig. I listen to mostly electronica (usually house and dubstep, but sometimes trance). I usually will use it to commute to classes every day and will be longboarding half the time, so microphonics are pretty important. I've been looking around, and so far I'm having a tough time deciding between the DBA-02 and the CK10's. I also looked at the TF10's, but they didn't seem to entice me as much. 

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 7
UE TripleFi 10, RE252, or Monster Turbine Pro Copper (used probably) will make you happiest.
TF10 signature seems to really suit electronica, not sure how to describe why.
I especially love trance on TF10.  MTPC is bassier and more textured, not to imply that TF10 isn't bassy.
Both boast lots of speed.  RE252 is more balanced and has the most speed.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 7
So the DBA-02 and CK10 wouldn't really be recommended for my tastes of music? I do enjoy a good amount of bass with a tight hard punch to it, but I equally enjoy an accurate, fast and aggressive overall sound quality. The RE252's sounds like it's a bit too laidback for my tastes from the review Joker gave. How do TF10 compare to MTPC? Also I am planning on getting an iBasso D6 or D12 in the future, so would any of them benefit it? I am currently using M50 and I realize that they don't need an amp, just want to get it for when I start stepping up to higher-end cans.

EDIT: Looking more into the HJE900 and they seem to be pretty good. I'm currently debating if I should get these for $140, or is it not worth it at that price?

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 7
Bump. So out of all of these headphones mentioned(and maybe other suggestions), which would have the best microdetail while still suiting my taste in music? I'm also considering bumping up my budget to $300, since I am planning to keep the IEMs for a long while.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 7
HJE-900 was an absolute steal for $90 when it was around, but at $140 its still a great choice. Especially since you like a fast aggressive sound.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
So the DBA-02 and CK10 wouldn't really be recommended for my tastes of music? I do enjoy a good amount of bass with a tight hard punch to it, but I equally enjoy an accurate, fast and aggressive overall sound quality. The RE252's sounds like it's a bit too laidback for my tastes from the review Joker gave. How do TF10 compare to MTPC? Also I am planning on getting an iBasso D6 or D12 in the future, so would any of them benefit it? I am currently using M50 and I realize that they don't need an amp, just want to get it for when I start stepping up to higher-end cans.

EDIT: Looking more into the HJE900 and they seem to be pretty good. I'm currently debating if I should get these for $140, or is it not worth it at that price?

The HJE900 is definitely worth $140, it is the one IEM from my collection that I won't sell (see sig for others). TF10 seems to have a similar sort of signature so that would be a good bet as well. If you are bumping up the amount you are willing to spend to $300, I also recommend the JVC Fx700 which is considered the king of dynamics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back