Which IEM sounds best for you?
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

jrazmar

500+ Head-Fier
Based on pure sound quality, which do you think will you buy or will buy again? To be fair, those which need burn-in are assumed to be sufficiently burned-in. The tips and amps used will vary based on one's experience so let's disregard this one. If you have not heard the IEM, then don't vote. Just vote based on what you have heard or owned. Let's assume that we have found the IEM of our own choice (sound sig) then what will it be.

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 21
Everything about the W3 is wonderful to my ears. I kind of cheated as I have only heard the Turbines out of the others but I really cannot imagine them beating or coming close to the perfection that is the W3 =P

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks to me this poll is about how many fan for the IEM than actually being "best"...

Yeah I agree, this is definitely not going to be a helpful poll for what YOU would want to get.

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #8 of 21
i think it's not just being a fan or something like that. we're grown ups here and let's just be honest to ourselves. perhaps that would help others. i think bias will come in if most or all persons who will vote use the same IEM (as I said don't vote the IEM if you have not heard/owned it). but i think that's part of the poll. if that IEM is so popular because of its sound quality then let it be.

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #9 of 21
Where's option for TF10?
If I vote for TF10 my opinion is worthless because I don't own any other IEM.

But opinion just from one or two people doesn't make it gospel, you should only vote if you only every single one.

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
of those listed ive heard the IE7 and IE8. i think if i had to have one IEM of those two i think it would probably have to be the IE7.

if any id say the se530

You prefer the ie7 to the 8?
Why is that?

Apr 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You prefer the ie7 to the 8?
Why is that?

yep like voltag3 just said the 7 is more balanced, the 8 can really pound out the bass at times and the treble is fantastically clear but there is just a bit too much of it on the 8. i can feel my ears clenching a lot with them. my brain likes but my ears keep feeling like they keep getting bitch slapped.

they sound great in the way a rich chocolate cake tastes great, yes you love it but too much and you need something a little clearer on the pallete.

now im not saying i prefer the 7 to the 8 just saying if i to have only one i could live with using the 7 everyday and be very happy, the 8 would exhaust me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back