which iem: Monster Turbine, klipsch S4i, Sennheiser IE7, Denon ??
Mar 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 21
I agree on the Hippo VB's too
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #20 of 21
If you don't mind losing the in-line controller functionality, I'd go with the Sennheiser IE7. I recently heard the IE7 and it is an excellent IEM, though here in the USA is it quite pricey (the Amazon.com price is US$170).

But if you do want to maintain the in-line controller functionality for your iPhone, I'd recommend the Klipsch Image S4i but replace the ear tips provided by Klipsch with the Comply T-100 or Tx100 ear tips or use the medium-sized black foam sleeves Shure uses for their SE-series IEM's. I have the Image S4i and love it because I can use the in-line button controls to control the 4G iPod nano I own.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by el-jorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't had real time to look further into this.

I want to add a contender the Ultimate Ears Superfi 5. How does that one do it with trance music? The Klipsch is falling of my shortlist which is now:
Sennheiser IE7
Monster Turbine
Ultimate Ears Superfi 5.vi

And I also read some great stuff about the RE0, but I don't want to make my list longer...

And I'm still looking for a good and reliable shop that ships to the netherlands, please some input on this?

I've not heard the RE0 but from what I've read it is not optimal for dance music. No bass. The SF5 is ok but does not compare with the Turbines for dance IMO. It has crispy mids and highs and punchy bass but doesn't have anywhere near as much impact as the Turbines. Unless you are getting the SF5 at a significantly lower price over the Turbines, I wouldn't recommend it.

Instead, if you are looking into Ultimate Ears I would suggest the Metro.Fi 170. Don't let its low price fool you these are almost the perfect ultra-affordable IEMs for dance music.

Wait... take note I am talking about the Super.Fi 5 Pro, not the new Super.Fi 5, which I have not heard.

One more thing... the main problem with the Turbines is their fit. They are HUGE and HEAVY so it might be tricky to keep them in your ears depending on what your ears are like. I sold my own Turbines because I got annoyed at always constantly looking for the best seal with them. I loved their sound, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back