Which IEM is better, MEElectronics M11+ vs. ViSang R02 vs. Brainwavz M1 vs. MEElectronics Ai-M6 / M6?
Nov 19, 2010 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

red71rum

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of shure E2(I can't remember the model exactly) that were $100+ several years ago that have recently been cutting out on the left side.  So, I bought a pair of Zagg Smartbuds for $30 something.  Anyway, I found that the noise isolation of the Zaggs with the included buds was poor and I did not like the microphoning.  So I am trying to decide on the IEMs that I mentioined in the title.  I need these for walking around and at the gym.  I mainly listen to metal\rock.  I need an iem with decent bass, low microphoning, a good noise isolation.  Do you guys have any of the above IEMs and what do you think of them?  Is their another that I should include in my decision?

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 18
Yeah.. i ordered the mee m11+ also was a little dissepointed of the mee m6 tough, sounded like the voices came through a tin can, lets see if this one is better, dont know anything about the others tough.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 18

Quote:
Yeah.. i ordered the mee m11+ also was a little dissepointed of the mee m6 tough, sounded like the voices came through a tin can, lets see if this one is better, dont know anything about the others tough.

Do you think the reason that the m6's sounded like that was because of the tips included or the poor seal of them in your ear?

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 18
My M6's were terrible out of the box. They got better after a lot of burn in though. Like Very Legal said, the voices were very tinny. Better after burn in, but still not great. And the highs are very harsh, at least for me. It is what it is though, and at ~18 bucks, it's an OK value.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #6 of 18
Try wearing the smartbuds over-the-ear like this 

If you can't do that almost all straight-barrel earphones will have microphonics in which case you have to go for the M6 regardless of sound to avoid them. Sound-wise I rate the M1 and  R02 higher than the M6/M11. 

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 18
The Shure's I have, I always wear them over the ear.  The smartbuds did not lend themselves well to the over the ear, especially with their 3 point hanging tight system.  I forgot to mention also that the smartbuds had a manufacturing defect where some of the plastic was covering the speaker in the left bud and there was no way to fix it.

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 18
No. I`m sure i had a good seal with the big tripleflanges and the voices improved after burnin but never got really good. So i hope i have better luck with these, havent given up on meelectronics yet 
etysmile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Do you think the reason that the m6's sounded like that was because of the tips included or the poor seal of them in your ear?

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #10 of 18
ew the m6...

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #11 of 18
I just ordered the M11+. I beleive that they will be a big improvement over the Zagg Smartbuds.  I f I were not married, I would have gone crazy and bought something much more expense, but my children do have to eat: )  I was reading that the M11+ improve even more with a headphone amp.  Can those amps, although small, be used at the gym, or are they really for just sitting around the house or walking.  I imagine that having an amp connected would be kind of bulky and unwieldy.

Quote:
No. I`m sure i had a good seal with the big tripleflanges and the voices improved after burnin but never got really good. So i hope i have better luck with these, havent given up on meelectronics yet 
etysmile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #12 of 18
Lol Sorry if i sounds like a m6 basher they are really good for their price but they really dont cut it if i compare them to my senn cx550. 
normal_smile .gif

@red71rum i use the nokia 5800 for portabillity and i can never see myself getting in to portable amps because of the added bulk. To me its just not wort it imo.
Quote:
ew the m6...

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 18
the m6's have really good bass which is what i'm assuming trance and house to mainly feature. As long as the songs you listen to never really hit the upper registers, i'm sure u'll love the m6's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back