Which High-end Cans Have the Crappiest stock cables?
Apr 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jdg0717

CAUTION: INCOMPLETE TRADES
Aka: mitzy
Just got a new HD700 and I wanna get some new custom cables.  Is the cable used with the HD700 crappy or is it of decent quality?  The cable on the ATH W3000 and HD800 are pretty nice and so I thought maybe Audeze is only one of the few that provides crappy cables  What are the high-end cans that use crappy and decent cables?

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 4
oh yeah thats another can that comes with a bad cable.  i see you got the w3000 ... hows it so far?  wanted to get that but the cable is fixed so its hard to change to a shorter cable.  

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 4
They're great cans when paired with certain genres--indie rock and EDM. Indie rock can sound anemic sometimes next to EDM.  The W3k helps to fill out the sound more, giving it body, in addition to letting the vocals shine.  And with EDM it gives it a touch more mid-bass without overdoing it. My only complaint is that they're not good all-rounders, which means I'll probably have to buy another phone in the distant future.

The overly long cable can be bothersome because it would get tangled up and caught between things easily. I tied it up with the tie it came with for a quick fix.  Minor issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back