Which headphones?
Oct 31, 2008 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wiseman

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm new here so sorry if I seem like a noob. I am when it comes to headphones. I was going to ask for your help. I have an iPod Touch first Generation, and the apple headphones suck. They break fairly quickly, and I am quite disappointed that apple cannot produce better quality headphones. What I am looking for is a set of headphones that are wireless and compatible with my iPod, so they would need an adapter. I would prefer in ear, and to be at max £70. I am in the Uk, so would prefer to be able to get them from this country, online or in-store is fine. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
regular_smile .gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get the new Sennheiser IE8's

Mmm, not wireless
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 10
Nov 1, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 10
For that price, any wireless headphone is either a. going to suck b. going to suck when you compare it to other phones with wires in the same price range. save some more money and get the sleekaudio SA6s wireless. don't buy something cheap now and be left wanting more and end up buying way more down the road, just got for something good now. to hold yourself while you save, deal with cables and look at JVC HA-FX3x marshmallows or Koss KSC 75 since your apple phones are broken. Also, 95+% of headphones are already ipod compatible, the 3.5mm jack is standard.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #9 of 10
In your orignal price range Wireless does not exist. If it does, you don't want it. You must want your music to make you feel good and you'll find that almost any in-ear canalphone will show you things about your music that the Ipod buds could never show you.
My fav is the Sennheiser CX300's and 500's. both are in your price range but not wireless. Get a pair now and I'll let you know if the new i2i stream wirless is any good. Then you'll be able to use any 3.5mm earphones with it.
and here is a new link for it Amazon

Amazon.com: Aerielle i2i Wireless Digital Audio Device for iPod and MP3 Players (Black): Electronics

I can't find it at Amazon.uk so if you decide you want one maybe we can help you with that later.

Nov 1, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #10 of 10
To reinforce what others have said: There is no wireless set that Head-Fiers would recommend at 80 pounds in the UK. In fact, there are hardly any wireless sets that Head-Fiers would recommend PERIOD. The possible exception are the new Sleek SA6 wireless options. So, given your budget constraints, either drop the wireless criterion...or ignore what everyone here has to say, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back