Which headphones to get rid off?
May 11, 2007 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

kamal007

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys..im short on cash right now and i think i need to sell some of my gears.. opinions needed on which one to get rid off..the cans are:

Darth Beyer Cocobolo V3 Blackmax 2m
Sennheiser HD 595
Grado SR225
AKG K81DJ
Beyer DT 770/80

The one i love the most is the Darth,Senn,Grado,AKG and the stock Beyer

Sometimes when im enjoying my Darth, i miss my Senn and switch them, so with Grado and sometimes the AKG..

Being a college kid and spending around $1500 in the first 2 months on Head-Fi, thats not a good sign..lol
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

So if you guys can help me in making my decision that would be helpful..

Thanks

May 11, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 21
I'd sell the DT770, since you've already got a Darth.

May 11, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 21
x2 on the Beyer, but fact is, there's a turnover of all of those cans on the FS boards here anyway. When you come into the money again, you can buy another pair back, and all you're out is the shipping!

May 11, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 21
i just received the dt770 yesterday just to compare them with my Darth.. From what i can say is Darth is worth every penny i paid for them..

apart from the 770..what else do i need to get rid?
I can only have 2 pair right now..

May 11, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 21
Tough...

I'd personally ditch the Senn, you've already got a bassy 'phone with the Darth, a bright rocking one with the Grado.. and a portable with the AKG. The Senn seems to be the odd man out.

May 11, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 21
the akg is too small for my head but its only like $50 so i rather keep them then having the $50.. i can get around $300 if i sell the 595 and sr225.. should i?

May 12, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough...

I'd personally ditch the Senn, you've already got a bassy 'phone with the Darth, a bright rocking one with the Grado.. and a portable with the AKG. The Senn seems to be the odd man out.

i agree. you don't need an all-rounder since you are keeping two phones. 595's just don't excel at anything, and are great with everything. i'd personally keep the 595's if that was the only thing i could keep, but since you are keeping better headphones...i'd ditch the 595's.

May 12, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #12 of 21
Well, I've owned them all except for the Darth Beyers, so I won't comment on those.

As for the rest of them, I would ditch them all except for the SR-225s without even 1 second of hesitation.

Edit: Oh wait, sorry. You just wanted to keep 2 phones from that list... I would drop the DT770s like they were diseased. Worst closed headphones I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. Sorry DT770 fans, but for me they were 'craptastic'. I would also drop the K81 DJs - by far the most uncomfortable phones I have ever had the misfortune of torturing myself with, plus they didn't sound all that hot to boot.

So that leaves you with the Darth Beyers, SR-225s and the HD 595s. Drop which ever one is your least favorite from that list and you are all set! I wish I could comment on the sound of the Darth Beyers, but I never heard them before. At least they look pretty. I think the SR-225s and the HD595s would be good compliments for each other.

May 12, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #14 of 21
Keep the Darths & SR225's

May 12, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough...

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back