Which headphones to get at 60$?
Feb 16, 2005 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

meirmeir

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I would like to buy headphones in the US for 60 bucks or so. What i need is a regular headphones and not in-ear. The headphones will be connected to a PC and an Xbox. Thank u for your help.

Feb 16, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Falqon
come up with $10 more and get grado SR60's. There's like a million threads about them, just do a simple search.

Or get em used.
wink.gif
The Sennheiser HD497 is also a good choice IMO.

Feb 16, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 27
used SR60 get my vote.
If you can EQ the mids down might want to consider a used V6/7506.
Portapro can easily keep up with a V6 and in many ways outperform it.

Garrett

Feb 16, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 27
I have Senn HD497's, PortaPros and E2C's. Would there be a benefit going with the Grado SR-60's? I've heard that they're very open and not very comfortable.

iPod is my main source these days and heavy metal is my listening pleasure.
k1000smile.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Core
I have Senn HD497's, PortaPros and E2C's. Would there be a benefit going with the Grado SR-60's? I've heard that they're very open and not very comfortable.

For a change of sound, yes, why not, highly recommended, and the only way to find out if you can join team iron ears.
icon10.gif

The best part with sr60 besides their price/performance is that you can use various pads and choose 414 ones for more comfort.

Feb 16, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 27
what specifically will you be using these headphones for? (i.e. types of music etc.)

SR60 are good, but only good for certain things.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #13 of 27
I listen to mostly hard rock/metal on my iPod, unamped at the time being. Considering a Pocket Amp 2-version 2. I actually like my budget PortaPros on my iPod but I've never heard Grado's so I don't know how much of an improvement they would be over the PortaPros. Are they more open than the PortaPros?

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Core
I listen to mostly hard rock/metal on my iPod, unamped at the time being. Considering a Pocket Amp 2-version 2. I actually like my budget PortaPros on my iPod but I've never heard Grado's so I don't know how much of an improvement they would be over the PortaPros. Are they more open than the PortaPros?

they are the "rock headphones", so i think you'll enjoy them. they are quite an improvement over the PortaPros, but they leak more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back