Which headphones should I get?
Jun 26, 2002 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 11
After hearing that the 66s ("closed") leak a lot of sound I have no clue what to get.

I need a comfortable headphone that is closed enough to listen to in the car when my parents have the radio on.

Of course Id like good sound too.

Jun 26, 2002 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 11
You'd have to decide between the V6 ad the 7506... It's a really tough call thoug...
uglycat4.jpg

No, seriously, they are the same thing...

Jun 26, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 11
Hmmm. I'm quite fluent in feline and that is definitely "You can kiss your cojones goodbye!"

Jun 26, 2002 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 11
Only Sony cause thats what Ive reduced it to. I want something I dont need an amp for, is comfortable, sealed, sounds good, is comfortable, and no Koss were recommended to me.

The Grados are open, so they are out unfortunately. Sennheiser need amps, so they are out. What else is there that isnt past about $100?

Jun 26, 2002 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 11
i dont think either of these phones will be closed enough to listen to music when the radio is on in the car, unless you turn the volume up loud.

I have sony ex70's and have auditioned the 7506. The ex70's do isolate somewhat, but not a lot. i just tried them in a car with the radio at a normal level. I can honestly say that the radio interfered with my listening of the ex70's, until i turned the ex70's up to a volume that i never listen at.

When i auditioned the 7506, it was in a musical instrument and speaker store. They had speakers going playing music at slightly louder than what you would hear at a clothing or music store. When i tried to audition the 7506, i noticed that it did not block out the outside music very well. All it did was basically take away a lot of the high end of the outside music.

luckily the employee took me to a quieter area of the store...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 8:19 PM Post #9 of 11
No, the V6/V7506 definitely will not give you enough isolation to listen with the car radio on. But I don't think many full sized closed cans really will. ...

kerelybonto

Jun 26, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 11
I meant with the radio off so my parents dont hear
wink.gif

I am completely torn... if the Eggos dont leak a lot I will get them for comfort, portability, and good sound. If they leak a lot I will get the V7506s/V6s for completely closed and great sound.

Actually, I think the 10 foot cord kills those phones for me
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 11
The V6, as well as any closed phone, shouldn't leak sound, your parents won't hear. Someone in another thread posting something about the eggos leaking though (if memory serves). I think the V6/7506 is your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back