Which headphones should I choose for Pearl Jam: hd600 k550 srh840 or sr325
Dec 29, 2012 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pearljamik

New Head-Fier
Hello.
My headphones carrer start with Philips shp5401, Creative Live Aurvana and Superlux HD330. I listen using naim headline (1st version) gear. I would like to reach a new level in listening Pearl Jam music. I consider:
1. Senheiser HD-600
2. AKG K550
3. Grado SR325
4. Shure SRH840

Which should I (and why) choose. I would like to point out, that 99 % of the listening time I spend with Pearl Jam music. Please help me how should I take a step up in my system which headphones to choose.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 4

Fearless1

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
Hello.
My headphones carrer start with Philips shp5401, Creative Live Aurvana and Superlux HD330. I listen using naim headline (1st version) gear. I would like to reach a new level in listening Pearl Jam music. I consider:
1. Senheiser HD-600
2. AKG K550
3. Grado SR325
4. Shure SRH840

Which should I (and why) choose. I would like to point out, that 99 % of the listening time I spend with Pearl Jam music. Please help me how should I take a step up in my system which headphones to choose.

HD650 + Binarual is bliss. Vedder's vocals give me chills everytime.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #3 of 4

ZARIM

IP address matches SNOOP_DOGG and HFAUDIOPHILE.
The HD600 need highend AMPs help to sound there best and they sound amazing because forward rich detailed midrange and crisp clear highs and good baas response. Grado SR325i are very detailed in midrange with warm soundsignature and both match very well for these genres music. I will also recommend the the Sony MA900 for it' s very detailed soundquality and punchy bass response and they are very light and canbe wear for hours without discomfort.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 4

joseph69

Headphoneus Supremus
I listen to my VS cd from PEARL JAM at least once a week through my grado/ alessandro MS2i's and everything about these headphone's blow me away. They are just a bit more laid back in comparison to the SR325is, that another head fier named in the post above. Great headphone for rock, Vedder's voice is just incredible, especially on track's like INDIFERENCE, sound's like he's in the room singing, I listen to it a few time's before moving on to the next song, then sometime's go back to it again, the seperation and clarity of the instrument's is superb!!! If you have a chance to demo the SR325is's take this cd with you. I dont believe you can demo the MS2i's anywhere. You may like the more foward mid's of the SR325is better than the MS2i's, but the vocal's are a little warmer with the MS2i's from my own experience. All of PJ's music sound great on both of these model's, one is not better than the other, just a little different. You cant go wrong with either. If you get one of these headphone's throw on some SAP from ALICE IN CHAIN'S you will really dig that too, it's are real treat .

Users who are viewing this thread